ok i may have asked before or someone has....cereal and babies??

edited January 2012 in Solid Foods
can I feed my son cereal at 3mths ??? Or is it 4mths ???

Comments

• Does he seem to want food at all?
  • edited January 2012
    No not really. But sometimes he acts like a bottle isn't enough. He is constantly sucking on his hands and sticking his fingers in his mouth to the point were he gags. He will be 3 mths on the 7th @bahamamama4828
  • In my opinion it seems kinda young. You can try giving him a couple bites and wait and see how he does with it.
    could he be teething? Does he have a paci?
  • I put it in his bottle at that age and he's 4 months now and takes it by spoon
  • @stephforever89, mine does the same thing with always sucking on his hands... he eats 8oz every 4 hours during the day (he sleeps thru the night).. we tried rice cereal but his sleeping habits started being affected so we went straight back to the bottle, i mean he took the cereal along with some milk but still ate every 4 hours, and then wouldnt sleep thru the night anymore...
  • @bahamamama4828 See I've been wondering if he is teething. I check daily and don't feel nothing. What is his teeth suppose to feel like. He won't take a paci only his thumb=/. I was thinking about mixing it up with formula. Like @lafiitz89 did.
    @firstymemom he eats 6 ounces every 4 hrs. Sometimes 2 ounces inbetween feedings depending on the day. But he is on set schedule every 4 hours except for at bedtime he goes to bed won't eat for 6 hrs
  • My lo ped had me putting some in his bottle since 2 months old. He had a problem with spitting up. So, its been about a month
  • edited January 2012
    I may try that and see if he cuts back on sucking on his hands some. @sands3