Npr cat is peeing on carpet.

edited January 2012 in USA moms
Help! I think our cat is feeling left out since Jackson arrived. He has started peeing in a corner of our bedroom and I can't get the smell out. Does anyone know what removes cat urine stink? I have steamed the carpet, used rubbing alcohol and spray carpet cleaner. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• They have a special spray for it. You can probably get it at any pet store.
  • I tried resolve pet but I just caught him peeing again. I will check out petsmart today. Thanks
  • Use odormute. Best stuff ever. Its a powder use activate in warm water. I used it in my steam cleaner after my mother's three cats went apeshit and peed so much in my sons playroom that it would burn your nose! After I used the stuff my husband (who can smell cat pee a mile away) could bury his whole face in the carpet and not smell it at all. Ordered mine on Amazon.
    I had stanely steamer come out before I found odormute because they have an enzyme treatment..spent 250 dollars and it smelled worse than before. I bought 2 lbs odormute for about 15.00 I think. Best money I ever spent!!
  • Make sure its not a uti either. Is kitty fixed?
  • I had a cat that did that, after trying all kinds of stuff we ended up finding a new home for kitty & had to pull up carpet & replace the padding underneath.
  • Takw kitty to the vet. 95% of the time when a cat starts peeing everywhere but the box it means they are sick.
    Your cat might have a uti.
    As for the caroet nothing will get it out you might as well rip it up and replace that and the padding.

Though petco has natures mirical that you can try
  • Take

Sorry nursing and typing one handed
  • okay had a couch cleaner tell me pine-sol and extremely hot water and a brush my whole apartment smelled like that when we moved in get down on ur hands and knees and scrub BUT you have to be able to suck it all up trust me it works
  • Thanks for the tips. I realized we changed cat litter, I think that might be the reason behind all of this. I was going to take him to the vet but he seems to have stopped peeing as much. I will have to watch him this weekend. I tried the enzyme cleaner but it still stinks, I will try the pine sol tomorrow. It cooled off some so at least I can have the windows open to air it out.