how soon after cereal did you start veggies & fruits??

edited January 2012 in Solid Foods
I just started Tessa on cereal Monday, when can I try veggies & fruits? She's really into the cereal.

Comments

• I was told to wait a month by our ped.
  • Wow..a mont4h seems like a long time! But I'm a ftm so idk lol! Our ped advised waiting 6-7 days between new foods (sor alergies) but said it didn't matter the order that fruits,veg or cereals are started. We have done peas, squash and peaches (in that order) and waited 5-6 days between. Lilly is 5 months 1 week old and loves to eat!!) Hope this helps a little..another pregly member recently posted a link about baby cereal and how it can lead to later health isssues like obesity and diebeties (sp?) And it was kinda interesting and helpful..I would recommend it :)
  • my babys name is lily with one l :) @momtob
  • edited January 2012
    I waited about a month
  • @momtob do you remember what category it was in? I got her the oatmeal because her pedi said it was more nutritious than the rice.
  • I would in a week. Does she grab at food yet? Try putting something soft and cut up small in front of her and see how she handles eating on her own.
  • edited January 2012
    @bahamamama4828 she grabs at everything lol. So like a ripe banana? I'm so afraid of her choking lol
  • I would recommend what the Dr told me today only stick to veggies and cereal for a while because then they start liking the sweets And become picky eaters. im only giving her cereal and veggie no juice nor fruit till she about 6 months.
  • You won't choke her lol she has to develop a good gag reflex and pureed foods don't cut it. Veggies first are good, one new thing every few days or so ofcourse
  • She tastes everything u eat thru the milk so she will have a lower chance of pickyness as well :)
  • @bahamamama4828 so what do you recommend I try first? What's a good first veggie? And should I cook it?
  • We skipped cereal cause she didn't like it. Started veggies at 4 months and fruit at 5 months
  • I did it the week after cereal now she has both :)
  • Avocado is considered a fruit I think lol but its not sweet. Try that or steamed carrots something that gets soft after cooked.
  • My daughter is 4 months and she isn't intrested in anything but her bottle. I am a ftm so im not sure if thats normal?
  • @brittneymcgrew yes that's normal, my daughter is almost 6 months. She started showing interest in our food about a month ago.
  • Okay good. So should i wait another month?
  • I did avocado first ,mashed with a fork with a tiny splash of water to soften. He loves it and has been on it for 4 days!!! You don't have to cook avocado.
  • @brittneymcgrew just wait for her cues. You will get a sense from her when she's ready.