Would you take your 5 month old. . .

edited January 2012 in Ages & Stages
to Disney World? I'm planning a trip for my us all: me, boyfriend, his 5yo son & 3yo daughter to go. I know the older ones will enjoy Magic Kingdom, but i'm struggling over the decision to bring along the baby. I know it'll be a bit rough, but I cant imagine being so many miles away from him for a whole 4 days.

Comments

• yeaa I would.. it would b fun. we almost went wen.mine was 4mo.. shes 5 now.. but didn't.. u can just push hee around n stuff :) she/he won't remember but hey!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm closer to Disneyland and yes I would. I can't leave my kids anywhere without me lol
  • @Naliibby2
    I agree. It'll make for some cute pics to add to his growing collection

BUT

@kendylsmommy
    You're also right about the sun and the fact of being out all day. He's got a good little schedule and Idk how hes gonna nap in that hot car seat throughout the day... and the other little ones deserve their full days worth of play especially at $368.21 for all of our tickets for just ONE day!
  • I feel so sad :( I don't wanna leave my little boogie
  • I think it's fine. I took Jackson to Busch Gardens when he was 4 months old. He enjoyed all of the animals.
  • We went to Disneyland last Friday for my oldest sons 3rd bday. Our baby is 4 mo old and did great! I wore him in the moby wrap and he just chilled all day. He snoozed while he was tired, ate when he was hungry, and when he wanted to strecth out we had rented a stroller so we just put him in that. I was able to take him on a lot of rides wrapped in the moby and the rougher rides my husband and I just traded off taking my 3 yo. It went well for us.
  • Thank U guys for sharing your experience, its reassuring me that it'll all work out somehow @jewlieuh & @jaxmommy81011
  • I'm gonna take my 3 year old and leave the baby with grandma cuz I wanna go on the rides with her
  • I go to Cancun in 3wks. Ill be gone for 5days and my lo is staying back here. Im gonna miss her and my son and niece.
  • Its hard, you take your lo and are restricted in someways but if you dont you miss them and feel like crap about it... Personally I would take my lo...
  • We r taking my 4yr old tomorrow and bringing along my 6month old i think it will be just fine
  • We are going to Hawaii in April with a 3 year old and a six week old
  • Im going on vacation Sunday! We are going to the San Diego Zoo, Hawaii, LA and Disney Land! My daughter is 2.5 months. We even bought her a lil fairy outfit to wear. She wont remember a thing, but its a family vacation. We will show her pictures when she gets older.
  • My family has always brought LOs to Disney. They have this thing called ''baby swap''... You literally get to bypass the entire line if you have a baby with a stroller. It is soooo awesome!! And you can switch off like your bf takes one kiddie and then when they get off he can stay with the LO and you get right on with the other kiddie. Also, I know it's not right lol but you can carry your 3yo and when they ask just tell them he is 2 bc 2 and under get in free (atleast they used to, idk if that has changed or anything), but we have a big family and did that a few times. Saved us a lot of money haha
  • No I would not, only for the reason it is a very expensive trip. I know we will only be able to afford to take them once or twice and I want to go all out for the trip. I will only take my kids when they are old enough to understand and remember it all. We were planning to go when our boys are like 6 and 9. I would never take a three year old there i think it would be too over whelming and they would get tired out easily and not want to wait in lines. I think the 5 month old would be fine it would just ride in the stroller though but if it too hot they wont be too happy.
  • I would. It's a family trip
  • Yep. I took my son to disney world at 5 months. :) He loved it, but the car ride there he wasn't too fond of even though it was a 4hour drive north!
  • Yeah, I live in broward county, so it won't be much of a drive there. It took me about 4 hours on the turnpike when I drove their alone once. But now my mom wants to come along.... and get a 2bedroom hotel room. I feel really uncomfortable now and I just cant see myself telling her no. She's never been to Disney so I couldn't not invite her. Sigh... Idk if I'm gonna even go anymore.
  • edited February 2012
    I know I'm pretty late.. but when we went to Disney my little brother was one.. it was a horrible experience. He was scared of the people in the Disney cartoon disguises and cried for hours..