LO Sleep Pattern Abruptly Changed- Help

edited January 2012 in Sleep
My LO had a specific sleep schedule for a few months now: go to bed between 9:30 -10:30, wake up at 2 or 3am to eat then around 7am again OR sleep straight from bedtime to 5am. It was either or always.

But starting Saturday it abruptly changed! :( We still put him to sleep at the same time BUT every night since Saturday he has woken up to eat at 12am or 1am. Then around 3 or 4am then again at 6am!! He also seems very restless when he is sleeping. Like he moves and makes noises when before he slept so calmly. What could have caused this sudden change?? I hope it does not stay like this! :( Please help...

Comments

• I bet you're so tired at work buddy:( Maybe he's not getting full, how many oz is he drinking?
  • @juliansmommy I sure am tired!! :( That crossed my mind actually. I'm gonna give him an ounce more tonight to see if that helps :)

@ta2edblondie I thought of that too but his if it was a growth spurt wouldnt his eating during the day change also? That seems to be the same.
  • 4 month sleep regression, guarantee it.
  • Thats a good question my little guy slept thru the night from the time I brought him home from the hospital til he was 4 months. Hes now 5 months and wakes up almost every hour during the night . He used to sleep so soundly now he tosses an turns an fusses. I went 2 weeks just waking up an nursing him then I started giving him rice cereal an veggies an he still wakes up. I dont know whats going on. Two nights ago I gave him teething tablets an he slept 7 hours an woke up to eat an went back to bed for 4 hours. I was hoping these tablets would help but last night he woke up 4 different times screaming so who knows.
  • @bentleysmommy716 Whats that? But I dont like the sound of it :(
  • At 4 month, give or take a few weeks, most babies will go threw a sleep regression where they wake up more throughout the night.
  • Mine did that... we swaddled him and hes better. We also held off on his oatmeal for a week or so.
  • My LO is back to doing this too. I am sooooo exhausted! She hasn't been going to sleep until 6 am and only sleeping until 10am.
    I understand how you feel, I hope it doesn't last too long for either of us. :)
  • 4 month sleep regression. We are going through it too.
  • @BentleysMommy716 I'm glad I read this post cause naliyah has been waking up like every 2 hours when she would usually sleep through the night imma do some more research on this thank you

Good post @ExcitedForOctober
  • edited January 2012
    My little man has been getting up an extra time during the night also so am glad I opened this post . He turned 4 months on the 29th
  • Juliana just started doing the same thing but she is almost 9 months.
  • @awesomejen @newmomma13 @navybabyonway @angie87 @bahamamama4828 @lilbit01_209 @2ndbutfirst @bentleysmommy716 Thanks ladies, its reassuring to know I am not the only one that is going through this and that it is normal :) ...although that does not make me feel better, I work full time and have been EXHAUSTED for the past few days (:|

For those of you that have been through this...is there an end in sight?? [-O<
  • Reading stuff on the 4 month regression is making me scared for mine to turn 4 mo. I like my sleep. My 1 mo old is sleeping 4-5 hrs at a time now
  • I didn't even know about this regression. But my baby went thru it at 6.5 months. It just stopped.
  • Maybe a growth spurt. My lo used to go to bed at 8pm, wake up at 2am to eat, then again at 6:30sm. Now he wakes up at 1am, 4am, then 6am. I think his is a combo of growth spurt and stuffy nose keeping him awake. Hopefully they will go back their regular schedule soon!
  • This is my dd. She slept great at first would only wake up maybe once to nurse. Then at 3 mos she started sleeping restlessly and waking up either every 2 hours or on some nights every hour on the hour. And shell wake up screaming like she's hurt or afraid. I hate it she's almost 4 mos now and the best I've got was last night when she woke up every 3 hrs. I'm going to look into the sleep regression thing but in the meantime anybody have any fixes? This sucks I feel so bad for my little girl, I feel like somethings wrong :(
  • From 6 weeks until 4 months my son would sleep from 8 at night until 9 or 10 in the morning but something happened at 4 months and he started waking up 2 to 3 times a night and its been that way for 2 months now (were still going through it)..
  • @mamapalmer 2months?! Ooooh noooo :(

@jennalynne87 enjoy the sleep now before she changes out of nowhere like my little guy :( I used to brag what a great sleeper he was.

@sands3 I'm crossing my fingers its a growth spurt too! Its only been 3 days of this and I'm exhausted!