Low iron levels?

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
Today I went to the doctor for my 29th week appointment. They told me my iron levels were low and put me on a supplement( ferrous sulfate 325mg, 3x a day). Has anyone else had this? Are there any risks or complications from low iron?

Comments

• I had to take it wit my 2nd baby the whole pregnancy it was fine my nurse jus told me of i didn't take it an had low iron I culd bleed a lot more during delivery
  • I had to take them as well...I would also start to load up on fiber...the iron will most likely make you constipated (sorry for the TMI). I took miralax daily and it helped.
  • edited January 2012
    I took them as well but I took a non constipating natural kind called floradix.
  • I had to take it after delivery to avoid blood transfusion will prob make u feel good but i know my mum was sick when put on iron so u will just have to see but more than likely fine x
  • Oh yeah and your pooh will go black! Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I already take three iron pills a day before pregnancy and my iron is,still low, my Dr said I can't take more than what I already am so he said it'll be fine. The same thing happened with my other son and I had no complications...only thing I noticed with my first son is his hands are always cold...whereas my daughter is always really warm. Not sure if that's a symptom of low iron. I also, during pregnancy get light headed alot and have passed out...again not surebid the low iron is causing it but both pregnancies with low iron have been the same with that.