2 questions in 1

edited February 2012 in First Trimester
1) I am having killer headaches. What can prego people take? I can't remember from the 1st pregnancy.

2) my 3 month old has a runny nose, congested, and a bad cough. Can she take anything?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1. You can take tylenol

2. No she can't take anything, if you have a humidafier(sp) try that if not turn the hot water in the shower on and sit in the bathroom with her.
  • Thank you ladies!
  • My 3 month old had that a couple weeks ago. Steam baths, keep her nose clear, and my ped said that if he has a coughing fit to wrap him in blankets and stand outside a few minutes to let him breath the cold air...never did try the last one though, he didnt really cough that much. Good luck!
  • A low dose b vitamin complex helps with headaches too and lots of water.
    And what they said
  • @rockiespurple she only coughs at night and when she wakes up. But thank you for the idea!
  • @bahamamama4828 where can that be found? I've had awful headaches for about 10 days now.
  • You're welcome. Hope she feels better soon. Its no fun at all when they're sick thats for sure.
  • Just check the vitamin section at Walmart. Mayba 200mg at the most or cut pill in half.
  • @bahamamama4828 thank you! Ill definitely try that!
  • You're welcome hope it helps :)
  • My son is just getting over that. We did tons of saline,suctioning,steam shower,vicks,and humidifier. There isnt any meds you can give. Its so hard:(
  • I take tylenol and ask your doctor when Cartier was 3 months the doctor prescribed him something
  • edited February 2012
    @1stWoodsBaby
    I get really bad migraines even when not pregnant. Bc of that my ob prescribed fiorecet...I can be used for regular headaches I believe. You may want to ask your Dr. Basically its a caffeine pill...then I take a Tylenol with it. It does work, I was getting up almost every morning with one early in the pregnancy. Not as much now but they were horrible.
    As for baby, I use the humidifier at night bc when they lay down especially on their back sometimes when sick all that mucus just sits in the chest, my son was like that for about two weeks (case of whooping cough at his daycare) and once I put the humidifier in his room he slept a lot better at night. We got the Vicks one bc it releases Vicks vapors which helps them.breathe:) good luck and hope both of you feel better headaches and cough:)
    Oh and also the nasal bulb (at our house its called the booger monster) I do it a few times a day.
  • I had to take my bubs to emergency and then to doc 2 days later for same thing. They ended up giving him ammoxicilan (sp) and an inhaler so I would suggest getting checked out. I also use saline, nose sucker, baby vicks, and a humidifier. He is also throwing up cause he coughs so hard.
  • I use saline drops and nose sucker for my Lo congestion.
  • Saline drops, humidifier,keep your baby elevated, and use a wedge for crib mattress. Baby can choke in the middle of the night if not elevated. If you do not have a wedge, baby can sleep in car seat.
  • For baby u should get Babyrub vicks