Mommys and tattoos

edited February 2012 in Parenting
So tonight I went out to eat with my dh and as I stood up to leave a lady at a table next to us made a comment about my tattoos and me expecting a baby :( and her friend turned around to exam my foot tattoo and agreed :/ As if my tattoos are going to make me a bad mom!
This is the first time someone that I don't know has noticed i'm pregnant and it was a bad experience.

Comments

• Judgemental a-holes. I'd like to see them dawg my tattoo...of my sons preemie footprints. Eff them, honey. They don't know you. "The people who matter don't mind, and the people who mind don't matter." Hugs.
  • wow f them !!! I ignore it.. I'm 21n have tattoos vut still a great mom so fukk em
  • Thanks ladies, my dh was mad when I told him. He wanted to go tell them shit lol
  • What?! I'll tell ya people can be ridiculous, its diff if you are sitting in the chair getting one. I have two mine aren't visible, only really in summer...but I believe there are so many people now that have tattoos. I am surprised sometimes to find out when people I know say they have one.
    Like you said you're a great parent so eff them;)
  • Yeah... Being a parent will be effected by the fact that you made an educated decision to have ink injected into your skin, safely by a licensed artist... Im personally not sure how one has anything to do with the other. I actually got one of my 5 tattoos accidentally done while pregnant before I got my bfp... Suppose that makes me an extra bad mummy
  • @tinka1326 actually it doesn't matter if you get a tattoo while pregnant unless they dont use a new needle lol so you're a badass mom cause its only frown upon if you cant sit still :)
  • edited February 2012
    My mom has tattoos and that was my first real word!! :D F them!!!!
  • I would have loved to be you!! Because I am covered in tats and I have 2 little girls! I have a full sleeve a necklace my legs my feet my back my neck!! Yeah I LOVE it when people want to treat me like I am a freak I tend to call them out! My oldest just started school I am thinking about being on the PTA just to screw with the moms giving me the stink eye! My kids are respectful well the oldest one - youngest is 2 months old. Best experience I have ever had I was shopping and this older lady she had to be farting dust came to me and wanted to know my story what all my tats meant- loved the fact she was open minded! My left arm sleeve is dedicated to my first daughter my right arm is starting for my other daughter!!
    GRRR STUPID CLOSE MINDED PEOPLE!!!
  • I've got like 20 tats and when I was pregnant with Kay someone made a comment about them being hidious and I told her my tats were removable but her ugly face wasn't she proceeded to tell me that I needed to come up. So I told her if she wanted to keep running her suck I coulc fist fuck her eye socket! She quietly walked away.
  • Cover** not come
  • Let someone tell me I won't be a good mom just because I love tattoos... I flippin dare you. Don't worry about those ladies!!! Close minded prudes aren't worth it. I actually just went and got a new tat last night! Starting my leg piece off with a phoenix that takes up my outer thigh! F judgemental people...
  • Omg can't believe this I am 21 and pregnant with my first. I have 10 tattoos. Tattoos don't stop you from being a good mum. Wish it was me cause I would have said something. It's your life and your body and if you want to have art work on it then why not. I love my tattoos and will not stop getting them. No matter what anyone says x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @star1990 my gma hates my tats and I tell her my body is a blank canvas and God gave it to me to paint!
  • I get lots of dirty looks from people, usually older women cause of ny appearance. I have two tattoos my lip pierced and my ears are stretched. No one has said anything to me yet, which is probably lucky for them.
  • I've only had one person come out and say something to me directly. The person asked me if I was going to have my tat removed and join the grown ups now that I was having a child. This person didn't know I had 4 lol. I said no. I don't plan on ever joining their concept of adulthood. I plan on getting more tattoos.
    My son loves my tats. He calls them mommy's pictures lol
  • That's exactly it. I love my tattoos and I just say stuff everyone who doesn't agree with it. It's your body do what you want. A mean do they see streach marks and think your a bad mother. NO but its just the same just one is art and the other ain't but both permanent. X
  • Aw that's so cute x
  • What the hell? More people have tattoos now than people who don't. Ignorant biotches. My hubby and I both have tattoos, guess my son is screwed lol.
  • I have 10 tats u can't see them all but I wish someone would tell me they affect my ability to patent or be pregnant ppl r so judgemental
  • Some people r idiots! ;) just hold ur head up and move on. Close minded people arent worth anyones time.
  • @ripkaydence a phoenix is a bird rising from fire and ashes after its been burned. Dumbledore had one in harry potter! I'd post a pic if I could. I dunno how tho and it won't.let.me sign onto this forum from a computer, just my phone :(
  • I get judged for my tattoos and having pink peek a boos in my hair... people are just rude and boring! ;)
  • @outnumberedbyboys haha my friend wears bows constantly. All kinds and some are outrageous :) I.think they're awesome!
    @ripkaydence Google a phoenix! It's hard to explain. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @redshadoe0 Lol. Peek a boos are streaks coming from the under my hair... I have pink bangs streaked with blonde too. Lol.
  • I read bows somehow :)
  • Lol. People think my hair isn't mature enough to be a mom. Lmao. :)