Mommys and tattoos

2»

Comments

• Psh, apparently you gotta be boring to be a mom :)
  • edited March 2012
    Today I got complimented on the color of my tattoos followed by whats the gender of my baby :) Made my day <3 B-)
  • How many tats do u have?
  • I'm sorry some people it's like they think it's the end of the would. I'm sure they don't even know how the whole tattooing thing works. I have my sides and half my back covered and I love them all. My parents are old school and when I got my first I've they werent nice about it but to judge someone as a parent bc of tattoos it just shows how stupid they r. Bc in my opinion it's a form of an art and I don't know how that can effect us to be a good or bad parent.
  • @AishaMusa Four :) but only 3 are visable

@jules yeah I know, its dumb. my grandma was really shocked when I came home from getting my first tattoo. Luckily my mom loved it and we both tattoos the second time I went lol My stepdad is a tattoo artist so she thinks they are awesome. And my grandma thinks they are gang or drug affliated lol L-)
  • ridiculous! ive got 4 and planning number 5, my hubby has actually just designed my next one..my mum is 62 ans we went and got inked together last year. she has 4 also. i dont believe for a second that it affects your ability to be a good parent, if you're a rubbish mother, you're a rubbish mother, tats ot not...
  • @JoshnEviesmum well said :) its not like my tattoos are bad words, drug related or say ”I like to party and dont want to be a mom” lol
  • Thats kinda funny she is just older and back then most tattoos were for that reason now we get them for fun and memories.
  • @ripkaydence bah hahaha!!! :-)) U freakin rock!

For me it depends on the day as to if I'll "educate" someone on their ignorance or not. I can certainly be a feisty one, so I wonder what I'd do, or will do. I have a full back, side, and other tats on my feet & wrist & arm. Funny bc I'm a preschool teacher so for now ppl rarely see them (until I get sleeves or at least a 1/2 sleeve). But who the hell is an outsider to mention my tats & being a parent? And what do they have to do with each other?! It's just like my parents comments on the start Of my back and the good ole "think of your wedding dress and that ahowing". By the time I got married my back was almost finished & I absolutely LOVE looking at pictures of my back in my dress! Lol I'm willing to bet ill feel the same as I hold my baby girl after June!

I think tattoes can be beautiful. My body is my temple... I'm just painting the walls... :) they do not define me as a person or as a mother... I could be the worst mother in the world without any ink on my body. If you respect yourself & carry yourself with respect, tattoes do not diminish your grace and character. They simply show some personality and/or your past ;)

So screw her! Let her think what she wants... That kind of an attitude makes her more ugly than anything she wants to bash on your skin! Lol