Refusing bottle

edited February 2012 in Food
My 4 month old is refusing his afternoon bottle. He just doesnt want it, its offered multiple times. He went 6 hrs on monday and 8hrs yesterday. Then he just lets out a wail and takes the whole thing.... Anyone elses lo do this??

Comments

• Maybe you should feed him when he is hungry instead of wanting him to eat in an specific schedule.. that's my opinion. You can always ask your pediatrician
  • @janet_2011 Oh we do... mainly his daycare is required to offer food every 4 hrs unless parental exception (which I gave yesterday) and he would eat at noon by demand and wouldnt want to eat again till 6 or 8... I sent oatmeal with him today to see if he wants that instead.
  • How many ounces does he drink every time?
  • Is he teething? They sometimes have decreased appetite when teething.
  • @janet_2011 5oz and 3 bottles a day
    @2ndbutfirst He is good at night. 8 hrs straight (when swaddled.. if not he jerks himself awake and wants comfort boobie)
    @mimii36 He maybe but they said he's been teething since 2 months so idk for sure...
  • They may be about to break through.
  • My little one used to do this! i just upped his other bottles so that he was havin enough milk each day but then he went from having 6 bottles a day down to 4 and now he has 3!