bottle nipple size

edited February 2012 in First time moms
My baby takes a formula called Friso comfort? Has anyone used it?
It's made for reflux, constipation and colic. It's very tick and I just moved baby to nipple size 2 but now I'm wondering if he should use size 3.
This is for avent bottles and he is three months old, around 13 lbs.
Does anyone have any advise? Is it too early for size 3 if its a ticker formula. He falls asleep after two or three ounces and wakes up hungry sooner :( but even if I insist he won't take more.

Comments

• I use size 2 on my 3 montj old with regular formula so I say try the level 3. It wont hurt to try.
  • I'm afraid he'll choke or gag or throw up but I'll try it so that he can finish his 4 oz bottles. Hopefully 5 soon
    I read about other babies eating much more than mine and I worry
  • my almost four month old is using size two nipples with breast milk and he' still eat 4 oz every three hours! so don't worry as long as he's gaining weight he's fine!
  • That's true, he is growing and gaining fine. The only time I worry is when he does like two longer stretches at night but doesn't compensate during the day. So there's days he only takes about 22-24 oz which is too little I think. If based on weight times 2.5 he should be getting at least 30-32 , he is never even close to that.
  • If he gags then just change the nipple back.
  • Jackson's gastro Dr. Said as long as he is eating 24 to 32 ounces in 24 hours he is ok. He is 6 months old and also on one teaspoon of rice cerial per ounce of bottle plus baby food twice a day.
  • Avent makes nipples for thick liquid. I think its either a size two or three but instead of it coming out of a hole, its more of a slit. So it comes out as fast as the baby makes it but the slit is wider then the holes on their other nipples.

The only store I ever saw them was walmart or target.