I gained 6 pounds??! That cant be right.

edited February 2012 in First Trimester
I went for my second wic appt today a they said I gained 6 pounds in a month! I am only 9 weeks. Which doesn't make sense to me.. I mean I know I don't eat the healthiest but I haven't been eating bad! Could I be retaining water? I have been drinking alot of water lately cuz I have been really thirsty. I was also sick at my first wic appt like I had been throwing up the few days before so I probably weighed less than normal. I am hoping didn't just gain 6 pounds of fat in a month lol. I am trying really hard now to eat better and I am going to start walking for 20 min everyday. I wanna gain baby weight not fat :/

Comments

• I'm the same in the beginning I gain a crazy amount then it stops, and I gain like a few the whole rest of my pregnancy.It could be too if you were throwing up then started eating again it came back fast.
  • At the beginning of my pregnancy, i lost 16 pounds pretty much from cutting out soda and other junk. I gained 41 pounds from my lowest weight, and 25 from the start. I didnt eat GOOD but I didnt eat bad. Between the second to the last week and the last week, i lost 4 pounds. I think from stressing on getting her room put together
  • Wait you already get wic and your only 9 weeks? I didn't know they did that. And yeah you probably lost weight from throwing up then gained it back when you were healthy & just put a little more on.
  • I have gained 5-6 lbs every month of this pregnancy!!!! Right now I'm at 42lbs total and I have about eight weeks to go:( the only diet change for me has been that I eat breakfast.
  • Your weight can easily go up&down during pregnancy I lost some weight from morning sickness and gained 15pounds so far & im in my 20th week. It doesnt always stay the same. Take care of yourself. :)
  • That's better than gaining 10lbs in 2 weeks like meeeee lol damn those big Macs. I'm not preggo anymore but I'm also 5'1" 100ish lbs prepreggo.
  • @babyluv8 with both my pregnancies I started wic at four weeks

@rjr33 try following wics.suggested guidelines I pretty much eat what I want with my son I lost 25 pounds in my first trimester im over weight and being pregnant has a.reverse.affect on me I gained a shit load after I gave birth and so far I have lost 5 pounds of it I will b 15 weeks tommorrow
  • Dont worry about it just bc u maybe gaining weight which is what is supossed to happen doesn't mean the baby will be fat u need to gain in order for the baby to grow right. I gained my weight at first and then it was coming on super slow. The day I had my daughter all together I gained 23 lb from what I was b4 I got pragnent and after she came out I was already 15 lb down and by day 5 pp I lost it all without doing anything. So don't worry just stay active and eat healthy things and don't worry about the number too much :)
  • edited February 2012
    @preggointx wow thats ridiculous
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @babyluv8 is that a good ridiculous or bad one? They have a package for pregnancy to help women eat.healthy I think it's great
  • @preggointx @armahnismommy no I didn't know that! I obviously can't get wic, but yes I meant ridiculous in a bad way. Not because anyone on here but I know some ppl that prob use it to their advantage. The ones that buy a brand new vehicle but can't manage to buy groceries grr!
  • @babyluv8 I think it's great it saves a lot I dont think it's ridiculous at all a very beneficial program and u must meet financial needs for the amount ppl in your home abusing wic is not a major problem u only get it for so long anyway once your child is 6 months u doing get a food package which only covers milk cheese eggs bread fruits and veggies I hate that ppl think so badly of government assistance yes ppl abuse it but it's not the majority of ppl it's a great system
    @armhanismommy no I didn't have to do a class when I go back next month I have one but it's online and takes a few minutes but it's super educational and easy especially since I'm pregnant work and a full time student
  • @preggointx working in day cares I see ppl who abuse anything and everything. Like purposely not take higher paying jobs because then they won't qualify and not saving money because they won't qualify bla bla but yes I know alot of ppl appreciate it and deserve but there are those crappy ppl out there that make it look bad for others!
  • I am 9weeks too and I already gained 4pounds I don't know what is up I also get super thirsty I think i am retaining water too
  • Lol I gained the same in my first month I think I was just so excited I ate a lot. I gained 35lbs my whole pregnancy