this is very hard...i want him to eat mre then just b.mlk

edited February 2012 in Solid Foods
What are some solids that i can feed my 10 mnth old,son?? He wil not eat gerber

Comments

• Have you tried making your own baby food? Its not to hard at all!
  • Making your own is easy. Try something simple like avocado to start and maybe mix in some milk for familiar flavor?
  • I make my own baby food. You could try onions, carrots and red bell peppers stir fry for like 5mins then bring it to a boil add a spoon of flour to make it thick and add half a cup of boiled rice. Then Blend or puree it . Trust me very delicious
  • You can make your own
    Also look into baby led weaning. :)
  • Love baby led weaning! Seasoning without salt helps, like making the same dinner for you and baby just don't salt baby's.
    pureed jarred foods are blah anyway. :)
  • Thia is veery helpful i am going. To try some of these 2nyt or maybe for lunch.
  • Maybe try a diffrent brand? My daughter didn't like the gerber foods but loved the plum brand. You can get them at Target or babies r us.
  • @conreeaght Wat about at walmart?
  • making my own baby food is so easy and so much fun! ive made tons of dif kinds but lily has only tried green beans, apples and sweet potatoes so far
  • I don't think they are at Walmart. Walmart does have beech nut, which I believe is their generic baby food. You could try that, it is good I used it for my son. You could also try to thicken the food with rice ceral. Or since he is 10 months try cheerios, or small soft bits of Apple. Gerber sells soft apples and soft carrots in chunks.
  • Ok cuz ive tried cheerios he eats those ive been given him corn is that ok??? Went i mke soup he eats it...wat kind of meat do i give him??
  • You could give him pretty much anything at his age unless there is a history of allergy in your family.

As per my kids' peditrician the list of foods to avoid under a year is as follows:

Honey
    Chocolate/candy
    Peanuts/tree nuts
    Shellfish (shrimp, crab, crawl dads, ect.)
    White flour/bleached flour
    Foods with added sugar
    Foods with added salt
    Overly processed meats (hot dogs, bologna, spam ect.)
    Soft cheese (bree, American, ect.)
    Milk that is not whole milk or breast milk

Everything else is good as long as your little one is able to chew it. :)
  • ^^^^ great list! Agree with it!!!
  • Ok so i bought pumpkin for yest and broccoli and carrots and potatosbhow do i cook these for him so he'll actually eat them..SORRY FIRST TIME MOM HERE :)
  • It's okay to ask. :) that's what the forum is for. Make sure everything is clean and it is best to cut them into pieces no bigger then your pinky nail. That way they can not get lodged in his throat. You might want to try steaming the veggies a bit to soften them. But however you would make them for yourself is fine as long as you obey the list. Lol
  • How would u recommend i make them?
  • Do u have fb? Search for the baby led weaning page its helpful too
  • Try steaming them first. Lilium likes her veggies with garlic and pepper but it might be a to strong taste for your little guy. Just plain should be good for him until he is used to the taste.
  • @Conreeaght well i tried steaming the broccoli and carrotss but he didnt lke to eat them lke that...what can i do??
  • Just keep offering it to him. My son was an extremely picky eater and didn't really start solids until a year and a half. He just wasn't ready. I would keep offering him the foods and he would just play with them. Maybe try some whole wheat pasta - Walmart has several brands including a selection of great value. Just boil it for him with nothing added maybe he will take that. You could also try to add some spices to the veggies. Was there any particular flavor you craved while pregnant? While I was pregnant with my daughter I wanted lots of spicy foods and now she loves spicy foods.
  • @Conreeaght okay im going ro try abd get those this week...but i can try and give him lke stage 3 gerber rite??hahaha nope just alot of slurpee's and chocolate milk lol..
  • Stage three foods should be fine.

Omg with my son all I wanted was banana or sour apple slurpees and red jello, the one day my work cafe. Was out of red jello and I was about to cry. Luckly one of the workers stashed one for me. ;) lol Maybe our boys knew eachother in the baby to-be-conceived waiting room.
  • Hahaha awww that sounds like a cool place to b for all these precious bebe's:)
    idk but i always thot it was jst me being a weirdo w/ it raining& me wanting a huuuge slurpee :p ... well i took my son to chuckie cheese for the first time yest. & since i save my pineapple TILL the very end wen i was going to grab them i noticed their were some gone..thot hubby had at them but wen i looked over my son had his MOUTH FULL OF PINEAPPLE:) & A HUUGE SMILE.. JUST WONDERING.. HE CAN EAT PINEAPPLE RIGHT??
  • Sorry, I didn't realise you responded. Lol, glad I checked.

Pineapple are fine but be careful giving him pizza toppings because they can absorb the grease. Maybe next time give him a few items from the salad bar. :)

How has he been doing? I'm assuming since he is stealing food he has started wanting to eat more.