shes sleeping in her own room tonight :(

edited February 2012 in Babies "First's"
my baby turns 4 months Sunday and tonight is her first night in her crib.im a nervous wreck! she naps in there during the day and does great but what if i dont hear her? its so weird not going to sleep with her in the same room :(

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awww Kaylee is 6 months and I'm ready for her to start sleeping in her own room but her dad always says that he likes her sleeping in the room with us...I told him that the longer she sleeps in the room with us the harder it will be to put her out! Tag me and let me know how she does!!! :-)
  • it's tough... my hubby says my LO's crib will be crouded when that happens, lol.... he dont think she should ever sleep alone
  • You're brave girl!
  • @armahnismommy i do and her room is literally next to mine.
    @tootie08 & @rosiepie so far so good she usually sleeps thru the night so we will see
    my husband is the same way but he dont have to wake up with her at night so his opinion dont count lol
  • @mimii36 i cant even sleep im just waiting for that cry lol my nerves are shot right now. hopefully its just first night nerves lol
  • I couldn't do it. My lo is 3 months and I just moved her out the bed with us into her pack n play last week. Then the weekend I find out my coworkers 4 month old niece just died of sids a few days ago! Now i want my baby back in bed with me! She most definitely will not be in her own room anytime soon.
  • oh man lucky... for the past month or two she will wine for a drink... which is weird cuz she has always slept through the night... so once she finally sleeps all night again she will be going to her crib cuz she sleepss crazy
  • her nurse told me she should NOT be eating at night at all.... but im not gonna deprive my daughter...nurse can suck it, lol until she gets teeth' she'll be getting water
  • @mimii36 shes back in my room lol. gonna try her pack play but she dont like it.she was in the newborn napper but outgrew it so when i put her in her pack n play she didnt like it had her in her swing all week at night but that cant be good for her back so looks like its back to sleepless nights for a little
    @rosiepie how old is ur lil one
  • I'll do you one better. I have the six month old in his crib in his room and I'm fine with it some nights I get this over whelming sense that I need to check on him & course he's fine. We have a monitor. Now guess where my three yr old sleeps not in her bed. In ours and since the last month of my pregnacy I've been on the sofa . Makes my back feel better and I think that my husband sleeps better. Because I'm not kicking him and telling him not to snore, and that's my tv time when everyone is down and I can watch what I want.
  • @armahnismommy i caved and brought her back in my room when she woke. @mimii36 post kinda freaked me out so for now shes back with me.
  • I was gonna transition naliyah so I moved her crib into my room but I cried the first night I tried to put her in there lol...mr and daddy decided where gonna keep her in the bed with us for awhile lol
  • My son is 4&1/2 months, hes been in his crib since 3 months. But when he wakes to eat around 430~5 I put him in his pack and play in our room, and if it takes him a long time to fall back asleep then I put him in our bed! Works great, he actually sleeps better in his own room, because me and hubby toss alot and it wakes him. Plus he has a humidifier in his room. So the white noise from it puts him to sleep!
  • @newmomma13 & @pregnantelf
    ive never let her sleep in my bed unless it was just me.too scared hubby will roll on her.plus my sister dod that and now my niece is almost 3 and will only sleep in the bed with them.
    idk i guess we will give it another try when mommy is more ready.
  • I have never sleep in the same bed as my kids . I'm a crazy sleeper . My two years old is still alive and so is my 5 months old. You can't only think about the bad things that could happen because even in your bed your baby is still at risk of getting hurt. You should try again.. My 9 year old brother still sleeps with my mom
  • Omg I'm sorry! That was definitely not my intention! I shouldn't have told you that. But I do understand if you are not ready yet then don't do it. You will only worry yourself like crazy. I apologize again!
  • & btw I bought a foam thingy like you put on your bed and cut it to fit her pack n play. She wouldn't sleep in hers at first either but now with that in there she loves it!
  • @mimii36 dont feel bad its reality.im Just goin to continue to nap her in the crib then maybe try again when im moew ready.maybe tonight lol
  • Just keep trying everynight. If you're not ready just bring her back in with you when you get to worried. Do that every night and eventually you will get more comfortable with it.
  • shes 6 months
  • I started putting my son in his crib at is 7 months and it was hard but it is something that I would definitely reccomend doing as early as possible bc they should sleep completly thru the nite by 6 months and once my son slept thru the nite I didn't worry much after that but I always have the moniter on me
  • I put Lillian in her own room at 4 weeks and if I didnt breastfeed for the first 4 weeks she would of went there earlier since she was only in my room for convenience really. She started sleeping longer at night almost immediately and by 8 weeks slept 9 to 7! I do sleep with the monitor right next to my head at night though but we both sleep much better in our own rooms!
  • This was a tough one for me. Riley has been in her crib for about three weeks....she is 4 months old. I can hear her through the monitor. You will be fine.