when can babies have juice??

edited February 2012 in Babies "First's"
Is it when they can eat solids at 6 months???

Comments

• Yea they say try at 6 months but in a cup cause in a bottle its bad cause of the sugar right there on their teeth when drinking out the bottle
  • My baby is 4 months and her doctor said I can give her juice and solids
  • @newmomma13 thanks girl :) I was just wondering so I can stock up.

@jazzie lol I remember her pedi gave the ok for solids but I dont remember them saying juice but thank u
  • Yea but make sure when u do start giving it to her that you refrigerate it afterwards and use it within like5 days of opening cause it'll spoil...I didn't know that lol went to hi put naliyah some one day and there was mold
  • Your welcome and he gave us a paper of everything and how much to give her everyday @nylasmommy
  • @newmomma lol ewww, yeah thas the same with baby food its good for like 3 days after opening but Nyla finishes her food within two sitting anyways lol but I didnt kno it goes for juices too. Thanks for the heads up. Lol n go on hanging with friends its ur turn

@jazzie ohhh okay I gotta find that paper then BC they give one everytime we go with their height n weight :)

Thanks ladies
  • I use breast milk storage bags to freeze juice so it doesn't go bad.
  • Tessa's Dr said no juice for babies :( lol
  • Do half juice half water. That's what the Dr and wic told us
  • @steph_due_101611 thats a great idea so when its melted theres water mixed lol

@starrxoxo9 lol oh no is it cuz of the sugar?? Im sure theres sugarless juices.

@sands3 oh okay so its not ok to give them straight juice. I thought u only mix it with water only if theyre constipated??
  • My baby is 6 months been on juice and baby food.since 4 months
  • Wic says only one serving of juice a day...I don't remember when I started giving my kids tho. Too long ago lol
  • @preggointx yeah Nyla been eating baby food since 4 months also but I havent given her juice. I also give her water here & there. Thanks girl

@ta2edblondie thanks for the info.

@myheartzx3 I have a Wic appt soon. I will ask them also
  • @ta2edblondie when did u start the sippy cup :) Nyla will b five months on the 27th
  • I heard juice only in a sippy cup?
  • @2ndbutfirst oh I see.... Nyla hates cereal. But I didnt know we can put juice in her milk. I will keep that in mind instead of water.

@natashalynn im clueless on the juice thing, so juice only in a sippy cup??? I havent given Nyla juice yet im just asking when can she start.
  • Yup juice or water in a sippy is best :)
  • Sorry that was so short. I just meant going by that advice, I'd say no juice until they can drink out of a sippy cup. My daughter, 8 months, just figured it out.
  • @bahamamama4828 @natashalynn thank u ladies. Ill have to get her a sippie cup next month & try it out :)
  • My daughter will be 5 months the 28th and I occasionally give her juice and she started using a sippy cup a little over a week ago with no problems
  • I give my.daughter juice in a sippy, maybe once a week, and she isn't a fan. I don't know if it's the juice or cup, but she just chews on the spout haha.
  • @ta2edblondie thank u :) ill just try water first :) hopefully shes a quick learner & holds on the cup

@chelcie89 kool, Nyla will b five months on the 27th :x

@lilsugarsmama lol ur babygirl is too cute haha
  • Rion will be 5 months soon. He gets an oz of juice to an oz of water, twice a day. Sometimes in a sippy cup, sometimes a bottle. So far hes had apple, white grape, and prune. I buy the gerber brand. My ped said no more than four oz a day because of the natural sugar. Rion loves his juice!
  • Im going to buy some for Nyla to try. I cant wait :) im glad ur son is getting his goodies.
  • I work in an infant room. We don't offer them juice until they hit toddler room. But I have heard no juice in bottles. And water it down in a sippy. I think its because juice had no nutritional value for them. I prob won't let my little guy drink juice until he is a toddler. I don't know I guess we'll see!