they took her kids! * update*

edited February 2012 in Parenting
Ok so my friend and her husband live in low income housing which here is small and shitty but it is what it is I guess, they are both unemployed and somewhat developmentally disabled they have 3 kids they are good parents in the sense their kids are always taken care of but sometimes I don't agree with her choices. Well cys has been up their ass as well as family services and such, she tells them to much in my opinion but anyway they took her kids today I feel so bad these kids are all special needs and very attached to their parents I wish I could have taken them vs foster care, but and I know this sounds bad I don't want cys up my butt either, not that I do much wrong but still! So they have a meeting with their lawyer tomorrow and court Friday im going to both please send prayers our way! Thanks in advance

Comments

• ThATS horrible! I'm praying
  • It is my God I have family who dont feed change their diapers and take to the doctors nearly as well and they have no problems
  • I dont know how it works in the US but maybe there just taking them short term while they sort out some help for the family? i work for family services in the uk and i know we dont take children here inless there is a good reason!
    what ever the case is i hope ur friends get the support they need and that everything works out for the best for all of them :-)
  • CPS has always been screwy. My niece was taken away, because her mother didn't know she had a mild sinus infection (she thought it was a cold) and didn't take her to the doctors. We haven't seen her since that day. 5 years ago. She was almost instantly adopted out. Prayers!
  • @starrxoxo9 I swear. Her other kids were taken too (different dad, no relation to me), and adopted to the same family. She got her tubes tied. Said she couldn't handle getting another child taken from her for a reason like that.
  • Wow I hope that doesn't happen but honestly I doubt my friend will get her kids back she has her tubes tied so there will be no more but honestly if Friday doesn't go well I think she might try to harm herself. It sucks I just don't know how to feel those kids are definitely special needs and they just won't understand but they are young to one is 4 one is ,2 and one is 5 months
  • @denois Idk how much more help they can get honestly each child and the parents have their own social worker plus a homemaker plus each kid has an ot therapist they get all the financial assistance they can and Idk what's left you know?
  • @fate that is just absurd. Ugh the system really is screwed up.
  • But maybe something has happened which suggests there not coping very well! i know its tough to see this happen to your friend but imagine god forbid no one intervened and something happened! x
  • That is crazy and to see people who actually beat there kids and cps does nothing even after investigating
  • @fate that cannot be the only reason her kids got taken away! If that were the case almost every child at my work should get taken away!! Parents don't want to bring their kids to the dr everytime something is wrong so I'm surprised that a sinus infection would result in being taken away. Not to mention it takes years for kids to be able to be put up for adoption after being put in foster care. Something sounds fishy about her!
  • @BabyLuv8 That is THE only reason she was taken. The kids never went to foster care. They went straight to their adoptive family. I don't know if you're aware, but people buy children from CPS all of the time. Its a huge dilemma that kids and families are going through. Not to mention, this particular worker has the top displacement numbers and has been the least successfull in trying to get children back in their homes. The goal of social services is to place children back with their family. A lot of them dont care.. They just want the money. I'm not sure what you meant by 'Something sounds fishy about her'.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Armahnismommy Nope. THAT'S IT. She was THE best mother.
  • edited February 2012
    :-t wow that's so messed up and sad.. that's a horrible thing. :O
  • Hopefully they put these children back in their home! Many prayers and lots of strength to the parents! Talk to a lawyer, they give free advice.
  • I am a social worker for CPS and can tell you that the social worker does not have the authority to be able to sell children. The judge makes all decisions in regards to adoption. There is no way a judge would authorize social services to take a child from their parent for simply not taking the child to the doctor. The report that went to the court had to contain more evidence of risk to the child then that. Also the parents are almost always given at least 6 months of reunification services before adoption can be considered. If the risk factors are so great that it is a low probablity of reunification then the sometimes will pkace the child with a concurrent planning home (meaning a foster parent that will adopt if the parent fails to reunify).
  • edited February 2012
    @2ndtimearound Yes, the judge makes the decision... But when the only person that gets to talk is the social worker, the parents are SOL. This happened!!! She is no longer with us, hasn't had our last name for 4 years, and the mother was charged with neglect. I seen this mother everyday, she was perfect! Spotless house, no spankings, no yelling, perfectly behaved children.

THIS HAPPENED. CPS does sell children! And in Michigan... They get CREDIT and a BONUS for each re-homed child. I've done my research on Michigan CPS, a lot of them have been CHARGED with legal kidnapping and fired!
  • Update*** talked to the lawyer today cps said they took the kids based on findings proving poor judgement on the parents part originating from themom leaving them unattended in the bath tub while she answered the door. The lawyer basically said they better start kissing cps ass and stop fighting them in order to even see hope in getting the kids back. Which is what I tried to tell her, and to organize their house and try to find jobs to get out of this area
  • @fate I've just never heard of a story like that! That sucks. I'll never move to michigan thats for sure! That all just doesn't make any sense its stupid how they can do that. Here in mn ppl who use drugs or have shitty gross house get their kids taken but then get them back after cleaning up there act even if it takes then a yr! Sad just plain sad
  • @fate I LOVE HOW YOU ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS HAVE FACTS!!!
  • @fate man I love you! Lol.
  • I just noticed I tagged the wrong person.. Last comment was for @BabyLuv8

@ripKaydence, @Mimii36 I'm a research freak. :(
  • To the OP: I hope they can get jobs and take the necessary steps to get their children back!
  • Maybe in other states but in CA we do not get any extra money for adopting kids out...no bonuses of any kind. In fact our emphasis is in returning children home. Im sorry for anyone that has ever had to deal with a bad social worker...but they are exception not the rule. Truth is there are bad people in any field...bad cops, bad military, but I would hate for people to judge all cops or military personnel for the small few that are bad or corrupt.

When the news had images of us military peeing on dead people i heard people bad mouthing soldiers. Thats not cool the majority are brave people who love their country.

Fact is most social workers are people who love children and work to protect them. I guess it just upsets me because we always are portrayed so negatively, in the media and on people's biased blogs.