Blue and black cohosh

edited February 2012 in Third Trimester
Anybody have actual experience with it? What exactly does it do, and how do you take it? Very curious!!

Comments

• Did u get the drops? Its suppose to aid in a natural induction. It doesn't work for everyone though and u have to be in *early* labor
  • @Bahamamama4828 I haven't gotten anything cause I'm still way too early, but I was very curious about it. What would you take, or how much, or when? What would be considered early labor?
  • There's drops you about 16-20 drops to water. Taken a few times a day. Pretty much speratic contractions, dilated some.
  • Thank you. What does it do? Does it regulate the contractions or dilate you? Both maybe? lol Idk anything about this, so I'm sorry for so many questions.
  • Kind of like stimulates the uterus, speeds things up
  • Kind of like stimulates the uterus, speeds things up
  • edited February 2012
    @Bahamamama4828
    Well I am 50% effaced and 2 cm. Are those signs of early labor? Would you suggest this method? I know there are many others. Like evening primerose oil by mouth and internally, eat fresh pineapple, drink raspberry tea. Are all of these safe?
  • @CristinaLynn sorry to ask so many ?s on your post, I hope its helping to answer your ?s. I have been wondering these things myself. :)
  • Yes to all of the above as long as you are *full term* :)
  • edited February 2012
    @Bahamamama4828
    So when you recommend starting any of these methods 40 weeks?
  • I'm 34 weeks and I bought the EPO today and the raspberry tea today. Not going to start anything until 37 weeks along. Those were the only two things i knew about to help induce labor or help with it naturally. I can't have potocein due to my vback so I want to move things naturally... Sorry to intrude on your post as well! I love the ideas though!!! Is it safe to naturally induce if your having a vback? I don't want another csection that's for sure!!!!
  • 37 weeks is the earliest! :)
    @momofSOONtobe7 that's awesome! I had a vbac too. Yes its safe. Pitocin or anything a hospital would give you is no bueno lol
  • @Heather3rdgirl and @momofsoontobe7 go for it ladies! I may have posted it, but it's a forum to get advice...use it to the full extent and ask away lol :-p I'm also looking for a natural way to induce, and going to try all options at 37 weeks. I'm getting induced at my 37th week for complications, and I really wanted to go into labor naturally...so I'll have an open window to try it for myself before I get pumped with pitocin. A very small window, but nevertheless I really want to try :-/ This is my last baby and I've never had a baby without some sort of drug...I really wanted it my way this time so I could experience it to the fullest.
  • @CristinaLynn well I wish you the best of luck on a natural birth :-)
  • Thank you!!!!! Wish you the best of luck!!!
  • @momofsoontobe7 epo and rasberry leaf tea don't induce labour. Rlt needs to be started at 32-34 weeks to have any effect and epo oraly at 34 and internally or oraly (upping the dosage) at 36 weeks. They help your labour go quicker once your body is in labour. Some people go to 41 weeks after using the two but I havnt heard of a labour longer then 9 hours if you follow what I said! It won't make your baby come earlier :) the tea needs time to build up and it tones your uterus for the second stage of labour. The epo helps you to soften and dialate quicker but only when your body wld have naturally done it.
  • Huh well thanks for that information. I was told to wait to start anything until 37 weeks so I haven't done anything. I'm freaking bc I am huge. My first daughter I gained A LOT of weight with her. I went from 95lbs to 141 and thats what i delivered her at. This is my 5th and I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and already 138.8. I am so scared I'm going to have a big baby and I'm having a VBACK so no induction for me or pitocen. Plus I switched doctors in jan. and my new doctor still has yet to get my records and they have me at a week over my due date bc they are going by my lmp. Well every ultrasound I've had with my old doctor has put me exactly at April 3rd of a due date. They are saying I'm not due until April 10th. No way in heck do I want to go over and have an even bigger baby. I don't want to risk more of a chance of having a csection let alone tearing my uterus. So I want to start naturally inducing myself. I had my "36" week visit and group b done on Thursday and I wasn't even doing anything at all. She told me yeah he's not coming any time soon. Ugh. So I have some EPO and the tea but haven't started either one. I've never done anything before with any of my other kids so this is all new to me. I'm not quit sure how to do any of this let alone what to use. I've just been reading stuff from other ladies on here. So if I'm 37 weeks how many EPO pills should I take and I was told to insert them vaginally as well how many seeing how I'm farther along. I just want to so badly avoid the csection. @mummy_to_be @anyone Sorry for the typos my phone will change anything and everything it wants to and when I try to change it back it's worse lol. Thanks ladies. I'm just starting to freak out is all. I want a natural birth again I've had 3 and last one was csection and it about killed me.
  • @momofSOONtobe7 a bigger baby *should not* increase your chances of another section. Because you've given birth before and it's ever so rare to be impossible. My vbac was my biggest kid, I started out 95lbs :)
  • 3pills vaginally btw
  • edited March 2012
    @momofSOONtobe7 Wow Yeah I was told to wait as well. I'm am now 38 + 1 100% effaced and 3 1/2 cm I have been this way for 2 weeks. I went 2 weeks early ie 38 weeks with my other 2 and now getting really frustrated waiting for her let me see her beautiful face. @bahamamama4828 what can I do to help my situation??
  • @Heather3rdgirl oh you are almost there! :) you are far enough along to do what you feel you want.
  • edited March 2012
    @bahamamama4828 Ppl keep telling me to drink castrol oil to help her and I really don't like the idea of it, however I am so ready. For the last well I have kept thinking today is the day, well she isn't here yet :(
  • Thanks ladies! And wow I'm nothing yet. I was so frustrated to hear I wasn't even effaced. Absolutely nothing. With my last. 4 I was at least one cm by now. I just worry that my risks are higher by having a bigger vback baby. My biggest was 8lbs 4.5oz naturally but my smallest was my csection but he was also 5 weeks early as well he was 6.6. I just want to go as naturally as possible and if it's by me doing whatever that's fine by me. I want to do a home birth so my fiancé can delivery but I'm scared to death. I just don't want to go two weeks past my due date bc like I said they dont have my dd right and they won't listen to me or do an ultrasound for themselves. Is there anything else to try besides sex which we are already are going at it like rabbits lol tmi I know. And then I started the epo tonight. This is all new to me. I'm getting ally ideas from you ladies lol. Thanks for the information again ladies.
  • Ugh and I can't get my bd/bf to do anything sexy. :(
  • castor oil=yuck. for most it just makes them poop alot lol
    @Heather3rdgirl
  • edited March 2012
    @bahamamama4828 See that's how I feel and want no part of that. I just don't know what I can do that will really help :( I feel like to to late to start the tea, and really no point for the primrose oil, I walk a ton, but no Mrs sexy for me bf is not for it!
  • I sure as hell will not do castor oil. Idc how desperate I am I will not go to the extent of that. And @heather3rdgirl why won't he do anything. My man is all for it but I think I grossed him out a little today though by saying what if my water broke while we were doing things haha he said well I'm an emt if that's the worse that's going to happen to me with us then I can handle that bc I've had worse things happen. Gross!!! Lol.