c-section

Does anyone else that had a c section have back problems now? I had my c section 8/5/11 (had the spinal) I had a vaginal birth (epidural) 8/20/07 and didn't have any problems. After I had my c section I have constant migraines, my neck is always sore and tender and every now and then from mid back to my feet throb and almost get a painful numbing feeling if that makes sense? I just don't know if this is normal, or something to worry about.

Comments

• I don't have any problems...but sometimes my c-section cut will feel like it gets swollen, itches, & gets numb. Maybe you should take a visit to the doc...maybe it's normal with the pain meds from delivery, hopefully they have a solution, gl momma :D
  • edited February 2012
    Maybe it was the spinal. I was put to sleep for mine and didn't have any spinal or epi so I guess in not much help. Sorry.
  • @clope18 Ewww... I hate that, mine is finally starting to get feeling back and scratching it is the most annoying feeling ever! Thank you
  • your spinal fluid maybe leaking you need to contact your doctor they may have to flush you with spine with saline solution i had what they call a spinal headache
  • @mimii36 oh girl I ate and drank before I went (emergency c section, thought I was in labor but turned out to be plecenta abrouption) anyways they told me they were putting me to sleep because they need to do my c section like 15 mins after we got there, needless to say I threw a fit and didn't get put to sleep. I puked all over everyone. It was nasty but my hubby was so afraid he didn't mind:)
  • @skysma I was afraid someone would say that my husband thinks that's what needs to be done but I'm in denial. There will be no needle in my back unless a baby is coming out of me. Lol how did you find out that's what was wrong? Like how did they test, diagnose you?
  • no they told me that they would give me a week and it should heal up it finally did thank god but it was the worst headache ever
  • I have the worst backaches ever, it folds me over sometimes, I had my c section on 9/21.
  • Yea mine was emergency too. My lo heart stop beating. I was so terrified for her that I couldn't even fight for them to not put me to sleep. I just wanted my baby safe. We didn't have time to think it over or she might not have made it.
  • My back hurts a lot thats all besides the fact that I still have no feeling in my lower stomach
  • @second_time_mommy7 I had my son 8/3/11 and I had an emergency c-section also. Every other day I have to take meds for my back & everyday I have headaches. It seems as though having a baby is such a beautiful thing but takes a BIG toll on our bodies afterwards. Right now only on my right side of my stomach I have a really bad pain that feels like it is ripping and sharp pains at times. Yesterday the docs said I either have a cyst or an ectopic pregnancy......this so suck! I would go to the doc anyway hun cause it could be something serious that you don't want to be left untreated. Good luck.
  • I had Kaylee 8/3/11 but I don't have any complications now though...I got an epidural but it didn't take so they put me to sleep
  • I had a c-section on 10/18/11. I still have some minor pain at the incision site and I still have numbness on the right side.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.