organic baby food?

edited February 2012 in Solid Foods
Is there much difference in organic baby food and regular? Also what's the difference in stage 1 foods & stage 2? I feed my lo Earths Best organic baby food stage one. But daycare is about to start baby food also and they supply the baby food but its regular Gerber and its stage 2. Is it ok for her to eat that? Btw..she's 4 months.

Comments

• Stage 2 is thicker my son just started this week and he is six months I wouldn't think it is ok for a 4 month old to b on stage 2 yet and I dont see how the day care can not allow ur own food because your baby is so young and I think organic is best because it has less preservatives...but gerber is good for my baby if u r wondering about the brand
  • @preggointx they didn't say I couldn't provide my own but they just said they provide everything. I just wasn't sure if stage 2 was okay. Could they just add a little water to it? And yea I love the Earths Best organic.
  • Organic is better not only because of the preservatives but also bc of the fact that pesticides are sprayed on non organic food.
  • The stage two is also foods that your little one may not be used to. Stage one foods are more gentle on babies tummies...especially with how young your LO is...best to stick with stage ones.
  • I only use stage 2 foods with my 4mo and i add cereal to thicken
  • I wuld try stage 2 at home first to c how she does with it
  • Stage 2 also stars mixing things together like peas and carrots and different mixed berries
  • My boy is almost six months and is still on stage one
  • I use ellas, & plum organics
  • @Mrz_Jackson yea I think I will do that.
  • Stage 2 has.alot of combined flavors u probably could add a little bm or formula but I would just send my own
  • At 4 months, I wouldn't go with stage 2 yet. You need to introduce foods slowly and separately to make sure there are no allergies. As far as the organic food, my daughter eats earths best primarily, but Walmart also sells Gerber organic. I have used those with her as well, and she didn't have a problem.