i cant poop! tmi

edited February 2012 in Health
Seriously. Its annoying. I really don't want to get an enama (flushed out) but I have a feeling I soon will have no choice. I am says short of 30 weeks and have been backed up since day one. Tips? I take a stool softener every day or every other day. Eat prunes the same. I eat activia yogurt almost every day. Plan oatmeal or cheerios every morning. Smooth move tea 2 times a week. Idk what else to do! Tips? Please!

Comments

• I have that issue even when I'm not pregnant like now. garlic triscuts helps me sometimes
  • Frosted mini wheats an honey bunches of oats work good wen u was badly bakd up my Dr told me to do a fleets enema then 2 double doses of miralax twice a day
  • Prunes daily.
  • I take a stool softener 2 times a day. But still don't poop for 3-4 days it gets annoying. Streamed brocolli has worked for me a couple times! Other then that it happens when it wants to. :(
  • I had that issue the entire pregnancy. I had to buy packs of the 3 in a pack enemas and stay stocked up.

I found myself just using it once every other day on the normal until I delivered.

Wait until you deliver... The first poop you take will make this period of being constipated look like roses.
  • Drink something warm
  • Try taking dulcolax laxative. But only 1.
  • @bettymomma ... I couldn't have put it better... LOL!
  • Dr pepper can work
  • Drink something warm first thing in the morning. Or drink a small cup of coffee. Apple juice works well too!
  • When that happens to me i drink apple juice and snack on grapes all day it works well for me :)
  • lol i agree w/ @mrz_jackson i love frosted mini wheats the strawberry flavor is so good. i ate it everyday while preggo and never got constipated. but also eat fresh fruits n veggies. lots of water. my 8 year old daughter gets backed up and i buy her fiber one bars and brownies for snacks lol she loves the brownies
  • Cup of coffee first thing in the morning before breakfast lol worked for me.

• miralax I think you can get it at a pharmacy or try eating soups or mushy foods to help your digestion
  • Thank you Guys so much! I am going to try everything you all suggested.