want to feed from breast

edited March 2012 in Breastfeeding
I have had to pump since he was a month old bc he stopped taking my breast. I am still pumping but i would really like to try breastfeeding again. He is now 4 months old. Is it possible to get him use to my boob again? @bahamamama4828

Comments

• Absolutely. Keep trying to start him on the boob and see if he latches. Try to have others offer him the bottle if needed so he just sees you as boobs.
  • yes u can!! I pumped for almost three months bc of the same reason. then one day my LO decided he didn't want the bottle from me anymore and only wanted the boob. I really didn't even think he would remember how to latch but after fighting w him to take a bottle one night I just popped out the boob and he went to town! lol. sometimes he does get a lil frustrated w the boob and i try to calm him before shovingnthe boob in his mouth.

I'm so glad we are nursing again bc it's so much nicer than pumping. plus now that he's older and I get more sleep, I have the patience to do it and he's old enough to figure it out lol

good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok thanks yall! I tried a couple times today and he wouldnt latch well...he did a couple times though so thats a start.
  • I just seen this sorry!!! :)
    Yes work work work!!!
    I don't recommend a nipple shield but get one.
    Also see an LC about getting an SNS or lact-aid system to help with latching.
    there is so much you can do but it takes work!