Please tell me it'll get better (T.M.I)

I didn't have the easiest birth, little man wasn't positioned correctly for delivery & I couldn't push him out, so as he was getting distressed I ended up having an episiotomy & forcep delivery & also had some other small tears. Don't know how many stitches I had (did ask but they wouldn't tell me!) But they were sewing me up for a heck of a long time.

I'm now 6 weeks pp, I thought things didn't feel quite right down there & was convinced I had some sort of prolapse & also had issues with bowel movements in that when I've got to go I've really got to go & embarassingly I have had 2 small accidents :(

Well anyway been & had my 6 week check today & yep I have got a weakness in the wall between my vagina & bowel. Been told to carry on doing my kegel exercises & go back in 4 weeks, if there's no improvement I'll be referred to gynacologist for further investigation.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? & did it resolve itself? I'm absolutely gutted & so embarrassed & ashamed this is happening to me, I feel disgusting :(

Comments

• This all happen to me plus some... No joke. It was a total nightmare. The bowel problem with me ended on its own. I had 2 "accidents" like u said u did. Thankfully nothing more and my body healed its self. Dont feel ashamed and disgusting... U had a horribly tramatic birth... Nothing easy about that. Ur body has been thru the ringer. Keep doing ur keegels. Maybe take some stool softener if ur not already just so u dont have to strain urself. I hope it gets better for u. This happen with my firat when i was 22 by the way and didnt happen with my other 2 girls later on... So if this is ur first not that it doesnt mean it will for sure happen again. ;)
  • It will get better, you just need to get the strength back.
  • @mommyof3girls thank you so much for replying & sharing, makes me feel a whole lot better knowing it got better for you & that you didn't have further problems in your next pregnancies. I guess I just never expected anything like this to happen, it certainly wasn't discussed in my antenatal classes!
  • I tore pretty bad with my son, my first and only, and let me tell you stool softeners are your best friend. If they say take 1 then take 2. I took 2 a day for the first 10 weeks after having my baby because pooping hurt so bad. I'm 5mo pp and it's gotten much better, I don't take any stool softeners anymore. Your body just needs time to heal. Good luck :-)
  • Not a good feeling :( I'm sorry!
    Yes, time and kegals. But squat when you do kegals. This stuff mostly happens to women who birth flat on their back because of the need to *push* baby out rather than letting gravity help while squatting or standing.
    Good luck, things will feel better soon! :)
  • I hear u. I thought it pretty much was the end of the world... So embarassing! Didnt even tell my husband about that issue i had. No classes tell u the VERY truth about what ALL could happen. Lol. Hang in there!!!! I wish u the best. Congrats on baby. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ITS GOING TO GET BETTER!!!!! I had a pretty rough delivery also bc I was fully dilated but my son didn't drop all he way down. so I pushed and pushed for three hours. I tore pretty bad and had god only knows how many stitches. it took over a hour for all the stitching to be done! I tore mostly on the vagina walls and some on the outside. it was NOT a pleasant experience as I couldnt walk w my legs shut from what seemed like weeks. to add to the madness I could not pee for five days and was being cathed every six hours. i had longggggg stings of stitches falling out until seven weeks PP. and let's not ven talk about the hemorrhoids that I am still (almost 5 months pp) waiting to have surgically removed (have to wait until I'm done BF)

I thought it was never going to get better and was still having trouble peeing weeks afterward. but with time it really does get better and everything starts looking like it once did LOLOLOLOL!

have patience and give ur body some time, even tho six weeks feels like it really should be enough time! hehe slowly things will get better. I'm still having some issues that I'm trying to have patience with also (bleeding still almost five months later).

one thing my dr told was to not compare my birth and my healing process with my friends births or healing. bc I didn't have a normal delivery and it's going to take longer to heal than a lot of my friends. when he told me that, it made me feel so much better bc I was jealous of all my friend ploping their butts down on the couch when I was still carrying my pillow around and SLOWLY sitting down eight weeks after. (I was prego at the same time as a bunch of my gfs)

so hang in there and if you have any questions please ask bc I remember feeling like you do right now!
  • Wow my birth sounds exactly the same as yours, took a good 8 weeks for bleeding to stop, really thought I was prolapsing and ciuld feel sumthing down there and asked about it at 6 week check. They jyst said to do the pelvic excersises and they really worked just dont over do it walking and lifting etc too. That feeling went fir me by ten weeks and fine now just sex feels a bit odd. Dint worry its still v early days
    Xx