weight and pregnancy ?

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
I have always been a thicker girl. at a size 5 i was 170 pounds. but that was back into high school. i have had 3 kids in three years and it has done a toll on my body. i gain about 20 pounds per kid. Plus, i am not pregnant again and i am freaking out about gaining more weight. does anyone know if i cut back eating sweets and carbs while im pregnant if that will be harmful? since im over weight that gaining weight isnt as important while pregnant.

Comments

• I wish I knew how to help I have always been on the small size I only gained 20 pounds with my first pregnancy and went up one pants size, so im in the oppisite how can I gain weight?
  • do u need to gain more weight, was your lo small in size ?
  • No he was 7pounds 10 ounces but my whole pregnancy the doctors kept tellin me I needed to gain weight I only got up to like 120 and after I had my son I went back down to 84 pounds and now im pregnant again and it all starts over with me needing to gain weight! It stinks
  • well you had a healthy baby, maybe thats just how your body works, you gain pure "baby fat" lol literally. I wouldnt stress too much, but if i were you i would work on eating more healthy carbs. or like meal shakes in addition to your standard meals
  • It shouldn't hurt actually just cut out the white starches like white rice, flour, etc. Add more whole foods and lean meats to your diet.
    make your own juices/Smoothies.
  • Thts the thing I eat all day long and never gain a pound I didn't gain any weight with Raylan til the last 3 months of pregnancy! Very high metabolism guess maybe taking long walks or doing exercises to help build ur metabolism mite help?
  • @bahamamama4828 yeah i will definatly start that tomorrow.
    @raylansmommy1 yeah well if thats the way your body is, then you cant really fight it.
  • I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and had to greatly reduce my Carb intake. I actually lost weight during my pregnancy instead of gaining any. My daughter was born a healthy 7lbs 12oz. If you're worried about your health and weight gain, ask your doctor if switching to a low Carb/"gestational diabetes diet" would be a good option for you. Good luck!
  • If ppl with gestational diabetes cuts out carbs & sugars. Then i'd think it's not a bad thing.
  • You will avoid gaining too much weight purely by just eating healthy. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, avoid red meat, eat chicken and small amounts of fish. Stay away from junk- chips, candy, soda, too much carbs etc. Six small meals per day, lots of water and regular exercise. :)