can i... ?

edited March 2012 in Breastfeeding
i HATE pumping so i was wondering if i could cut out one time of pumping at work but still be able to bf normally & she would just get a bottle of formula. i work from 6am-1245pm so its not that long im away from her she usually drinks 2 bottles sometimes more sometimes less. i pump at 8am & 11am if i just pump at 8am should my supply be ok? i bf her when im with her she only gets formula if i dont pump enough. & should i be ok on the weekends to bf all day or would she need a bottle?

Comments

• You sure can! :) bf as much as you're with her. Not all babies nurse every 2 hrs on the dot. Sometimes they eat every 2-6 get my drift :)
  • I don't see why not just try and feed her as soon as you get home.
  • @bahamamama thanks :) she never eats every 2 hours anymore she will almost forget to eat & i have to remind her lol. if i dont have to pump as much i gaurentee will last longer bf pumping is so annoying but im not ready to give up bf yet, its way to convienient
  • Agreed. Lol I have to remind my lo sometimes too. I don't like the ouchy feeling.
  • me either which reminds me what can i do for biting? my lo hasbeen biting me when she is done so if i tell her no & take the boob away she doesnt care cuz she is done. my mom told me to flick her mouth but she is only 4months & i dont wanna :( lol i know im a baby
  • @moodymommie my seven month old bites me too but luckily he has not got teeth yet but it still hurts. I just do what yoü do but its not working either :(
  • @tashalou my lo is getting teeth i can see them under her gums. idk what im gonna fo when she has teeth!
  • I blow in my los face lol
  • @bahamamama lol too cute :) ill try that although she thinks its funny & i dont want biting to become a game
  • I flick my son's cheek when he would bite. It took about 3 times of that before he stopped.
  • @captivated im a big baby lol she is too little to get mad at. her daddy is an even bigger baby & would freak out if he saw me flick her.
  • Haha, not I! I do not enjoy having my nipple bit. And then he would not only bite, but twist his head around with it! Obviously he isn't flicked hard. It just startled him...and he has some fat little chipmunk cheeks too :) @moodymommie
  • lol nipple twisting at such a young age! you got a little troublemaker there ;) @captivated
  • Yes! I only pump once in my eight hour shift I pump half way through. I start my shift at 6am, pump at 10am and then off at 2pm and normally feed her when I get home. I have been doing that since I went back to work at 7 weeks pp. She is now 4 months old. When I was on leave she was only eating from one side so I would pump the other and I got a freezer supply so when I dont have enough I pull one from the freezer. But I normally have enough. I have an over supply. You can do it. Don't give up!
  • I set my goal to six months and i did it. I went back to work on feb 6 (lo almost 5 months). I was pumping twice during my day. I quickly figured out that wasnt practical and after two weeks only went to one time pumping. At first i would be a little engorged but that went away. Just last week i stopped pumping (preparing to stop bf). I was just nursing at night and the morning. I thought i'd start to dry up. Well a week later and im still bf. Even though i wanted to stop i think that i will continue with the nitetime bf for as long as i can. I guess my venti ice coffee can wait :(