Almost 5 months old and not rolling over- NOW Nearly 6 months and STILL not doing it

edited April 2012 in Ages & Stages
I posted about a month ago as Evie had yet to roll over either way. Were now 6 months on Sunday and shes still not doing it. My question is, has anybodies baby skipped this altogether? She is now sitting up without support for short periods, and from what Ive read, its not imperative for them to roll over as long as they are able to sit up? Anybody else had this happen?

Comments

• My daughter started around 3 months. However, my god daughter is almost 6 months, and I think she's done it twice. All babies are different. I wouldn't worry.
  • Nope, pretty normal!
  • Don't be worried my son started rolling around at 5 months and I rarely do tummy time cuz he hates it and he also started sitting up on his own at the same time also . He will be 6 months on the 29.
  • Mine is 5 mo and fat and lazy lol. So no rolling over here either
  • Don't be worried. Jack is 4 1/2 months and just rolled for the first time this morning. Back to tummy. My oldest was rolling all the way by 4 months, but remember, every baby is different
  • Nah, my guy is a week from being 6 months and has rolled four time from belly to back. He can move and twist/arch his back while laying on it to see something and in the process his legs will roll but as soon as his upper body starts to go he stops and holds and rolls back... I think he knows how but is just to lazy or doesn't want to. Punk
  • Don't worry! Tessa is 7.5 months and up until 2 wks ago she would only roll from belly to back. And it was rare. Now in the past week or so she is rolling all over the place lol
  • @starrxoxo9 @bahamamama4828 @captivated @littlefae @sands3 @natashalynn @angel87
    thanks ladies, that makes me feel loads better. Evie HATES tummy time but if i put her on her back she leans off to one side but doesnt seem to realise she can go any further yet... Glad shes not the only one. Gosh you would think I'd never done this before but my memory is so sketchy from when Josh was a baby, hes 10 next week though so maybe I can be forgiven for that haha xx
  • sorry @angie87 i read your name as angel!
  • Tessa hated tummy time too and I never forced it on her. Now she rolls onto her belly the second you put her down lol. I think tummy time is bull ;)
  • Mine is 5mo and hasn't yet either :( He's a lazy bum like his mama :p
  • At almost 3mos my daughter went from belly to back. She does it every once in a while, but not alot. She is now 6mos and can almost go freon her back to belly, but her pedi said she might just skip that skill and that is perfectly fine. He said at this age bring able to start to sit up on her own is more important. That's just his opinion, but I thought I would share.
  • my lil chub does roll over .. but he has.. and he can.. he just doesnt do it much.. just keep the the dr. informed if dr.s not woried you shouldnt be eithing .. not to mention when it comes to babies.. temperment and will or want mean alot when your reaching milestones.. lol.. thats why laid back babies go with the flow.. lol.. there own flow.. thats how mine is heheheheh... I dont think you have anything to worry about
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Update at top
  • Babies are not big rollers now because of sleeping on bk and I think some professionals are even saying that rolling is not even a proper milestone. My son is nearly nine months and only rolls when hes pissed off lol but he can sit up fine and physio said he was completely normal so Im not worried now :)
  • Riley is the same, 5 and half months and he has only done it twice! It's not imperative that they roll, some babies skip it all together, as long as she is getting plenty of time to practise there is nothing more you can do! Riley sits pretty well with support so I am not too worried! It's hard when you have more than one not to compare, Leo rolled at 4 months everywhere! But all babies are different and do their own thing in their own time! I'm seeing my HV on Tues, going to mention it to her and see what she says so I will get back to you off she gives me any advice!
  • @Tashalou
    @littlenat86 Thanks ladies, thats really reassuring. I heard its not a big deal but I just see and hear of all these tiny babies that are rolling everywhere and Joshua was doing it from way early too, so I was a little concerned. Nat, if you could let me know what your HV says Id really appreciate that coz Im not seeing mine until 9 Months and thats still a fair while away yet.
  • Yeah of course I will hun x