does anyone know anything about absconding

I know this is weird to ask lol. I have looked everywhere. My fiance may be charged for absconding. I'm so scared that He won't be home by Dec 3rd. The lawyer wants $4000 and I'm completely broke. He's in nj. I want him home before our daughter is a toddler. I want her to not wonder where He was when she was little.

Comments

• I have no idea what that means sorry. Bump
  • Ok so it basically means that he left in a hurried and/or secretively to avoid jail or probation our something like that. From what I read it, if it was to avoid probation, he would probably have to finish the term of that in jail. I hope that helps a little. Was he on probation there or have a case against him?
  • @stillsurprised He was on parole and messed up and got a possession charge. He got scared and jumped bail then met me and moved here to make our relationship before He was going to turn himself in. Then we got pregnant well two years after He got busted here was the US Marshalls at our house. He got 278 days for his parole violation. But now the parole board may get him for absconding. He's been very cooperative with the jails. I just have been told He with just serve the rest of his parole which is 9 months but then I hear 2-5 yrs. But there's many types of absconding
  • Yeah.. I know there is. Hopefully they can figure something out to where he doesn't do much more than the 9mos he has left. If they went forward with the possession charge they might drop the absconding... Or vice versa. It is just going to depend on the judge. Can he get a public defender instead of having to pay for a lawyer? How are you holding up
  • @stillsurprised his aunt called his lawyers office and spoke to the paralegal and that woman doesn't know anything! She said she doesn't know if He had court and doesn't know anything about his 278 day sentence for pv of possession. But when I talked to her last week she knew about it. I don't understand what in the world is going on with the lawyer. I emailed the parole board but will call them tomorrow. I know the parole officer is present during a violation sentencing so why didn't they charge him with absconding then. I'm so physically and emotionally tired. I get happy cause I see his Max release date as Dec 3rd and then bam don't know if they will move it back.
  • So if he is in nj, where are you? Is there any possible way for you and baby to get there for the sentencing? I know how bad this sounds but from my (not personal) experience but what I've seen with friends they tend to take it easy on men that actually support their children and do right. If he can pass a drug test now. and they may give you a chance to speak it may get his sentence reduced.
  • I am sorry hon. it must be so hard to be so far away. I hope someone in that office knows what's going on. We got lucky and my hubby had an amazing public defender. I hope your bf will be able to come home in Dec. I wild think they would have charged him at that time too, but who knows unfortunatly. Hang right momma. I am here for ya.
  • @second_time_mommy7 unfortunately I'm in Oregon. I can't get there for his sentencing. He has been sentenced for one violation already. I emailed the parole board so hopefully that will help.

@stillsurprised thank you. Im just hoping the parole board tells me good news. I wrote them saying that I need him home to help support his family. I couldn't sleep last night I was to anxious for hearing any response today. I hope my man sent me a letter explaining. That would be awesome lol
  • I hope you do too. Sending good thought hon. let me know when hear back on anything. **hugs **
  • @stillsurprised well I guess He has a revocation hearing coming up. No one knows what the sentence is online