miscarriage

edited April 2012 in Pregnant
I just got back from my doc and he couldn't find a fetus. My progesterone levels were low. Now I'm on my way to the hospital to confirm because they have better ultrasound equipment. My last ultrasound was 2 weeks ago where they saw the beginnings of a heart beat. If there isn't a fetus then I have to have a d and c. What should I expect with a d and c?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah I never experienced a d and c or a miscarriage before I dont kno what to except
  • I'm so sorry for your loss hun. I'm praying for comfort and strength during this most difficult time. :(
  • I chose to have a d&c...and I am so glad too....I have heard and read horror stories of the pill and the baby was already gone for 3 weeks and my body still didn't do what it needed too...and they said it could be weeks/months before my body realized it and something started to deteriorate(not sure of the name) to start the miscarriage...I was in and out of the hospital within a few hrs, the surgery itself was literally 15 min....I had minimal cramping(no pain meds needed) and bled lightly for 2 weeks..and by the time my bleeding was done my levels were at zero(from 36000) this was all on March 13th and yesterday I got my first positive opk! Also I thought that was my best choice cause I couldn't deal with the fact it could be weeks before I miscarry and I didn't want to start bleeding or cramping while at work or while taking care of kids...I also couldn't think of the fact of flushing my baby down a toilet...with a d&c here they automatically take it for testing and what not....

That was my book lol...
  • Cytotec can be dangerous :(
  • ^agree! I've heard of tons of ppl still needing a d&c and bleeding out....also the pain in bring is more then it should! Read into it before you chose anything..my doctor wont even give it out!
  • I'm so sorry. Prayers.
  • Thanks ladies just got done with my u/s and theres ni fetal pole just tissue soo this is my first miscarriage. Sad. But I kno everything happens for a reason
  • Awwwww no!!! I'm sorry sweetie. :(
  • Sorry to hear this. :( *hugs* to u!!!
  • Im really sorry you're going through this. Hugs.
  • Omg sorry to hear that... Not to switch a mood but what's d&c ???
  • Ouch that must be extremely heartbreaking specially having to go through a procedure.. :(
  • @hsweetie21 I'm so sorry for you have to go through this. But I will say, having two MC in a row myself, I would go straight to the D&C. I did a cytotech MC the first time and everything went smoothly with no issues. The second time, it didn't work. They gave me a second dose of it and I hemorrhaged so much that I thought I was going to have to call 911. After all of the trauma from the cytotech the second time, I still ended up having to have the D&C because I didn't expell all of the contents on my own. The wo rst part of the procedure for me was the IV. I had mine done under conscious sedation and was home in a few hours. Definitely what I would choose if I ever had to go through a MC again. Whichever you choose, feel free to ask me about things if you need someone to talk to.
  • @rtmommy so did u feel anything during the procedure and if I go naturally was the bleeding bad? How far alone were u? Im guessing my baby dtopped growing at 6 weeks since I saw the heart beat at 5
  • @everyone thanks ladies its great to have your support through this
  • @hsweetie21 I didn't bleed as much when I had the natural one, but the second one that went so badly it changed my opinion on going that way. I was 9 weeks with the first and 10 with the second. Both were blighted ovums though. I didn't feel anything with the procedure. They give you a cocktail of sleepy meds with pain meds.
  • I didn't bleed to much with my first mc either... baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, lost it at almost 7. Honestly I barely needed a pad, panty liners were almost enough. (weird I know). except for the few clots. But yeah... good luck honey.
  • edited April 2012
    I had a D&C last year. Was only in hospital for a few hours. I did need a repeat D&C tho because I kept hemorrhaging because of retain products they missed in the first one. Sorry for your loss hun x