All out of options ;(

Well I have a 4 year old that just refuses to sleep in her room in her own bed. Its driving me crazy! Every night is a HUGE battle. We lived with my mom for the longest & we all shared one room, now we live on our own & the kids have thier own rooms. Now I think she got used to sleeping with us & just refuses to sleep alone. I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING. I also have a 3 year old and hubby has a 5 year old, they have no problems sleeping in thier beds. I'm getting ready to have our son anyday now & I've been trying SO hard to get her to sleep alone before he's born. Any opinons? I'm desperate. Lol.

Comments

• My sister has this problem with her son and it was bc she would let him take his afternoon nap in her bed...well then whe wanted to.sleep there at night too. So now either her or her husband has to lay with him in his room until he falls asleep. Have you tried that? I know it can take awhile sometimes. Is she scrared of the dark? Maybe try a fun night light like those turtles that shoot stars all over the room. Fisher price has a projector that puts a picture the ceiling while playing music. Good luck!
  • You can do what supernanny does, it seems to work but make sure your hubby is in board because you're too pregnant lol

Put child in bed after night time routine, read her a story or 2, tell her its time for bed and tuck her in. Leave the room, the first and second times she comes out tell her its time for bed and go place her back on the bed, the rest of the times don't say anything and place her on the bed. The longest i've seen it go was 2 hours ( i watch it alot lol) then the next night isnt so bad and it gets easier.

It wouldn't hurt to try, good luck!
  • Thats what I would of suggested too @Kimberly4411 I think a routine and a firm voice and to keep calmly putting her bk should do the trick. Also never give in because once yoü do they know the next time that its only a matter of time before yoü do it again :)
  • I agree with what the other two above said. I know when my now 3 1/2 year old was almost 2 and starting a toddler bed he slept great in it the first couple weeks, then he realized he can come out and play with his toys as soon as we walked out of the room. It took a couple nights of putting him back over and over and being firm and he realized bed time, meant bed time. We also we let him occasionally play with a toy in bed, only a non noise making appropriate bed time toy, like a book or match box car, that way if he is not tired yet he can just rest until he is ready to sleep. It worked great for him (even though your having a different problem) I still reccommend trying it, also a night light, and dont shut the door on them, my kids always sleep with the door all the way open. I feel this makes them more comfortable because they dont feel locked or trapped in and we can hear them and they know we are right there if they need something.
  • She has a nightlight and i never let them shut the bedroom doors even in the daytime. I tried putting her back over & over for 4 hours straight. She just screams at the top of her lungs & throws her self on the ground. Tells me "mommy your breaking my heart" which breaks my heart to peices. I tried leaving hall light and bathroom light on as well, no luck. Ugh this whole thing is driving me insane. Hubby is much more stern then i am but he gets a little to mean and yells and to me, it just makes situation worse, she screams louder. I have such stubborn little girls. Lol i wanna pull my hair & being 9 months pregnant is not helping. Lol
  • Maybe some chamomile tea before bed as well to help relax her? In addition to above suggestions. I'm not much help lol, it's been a few yrs sine I have had to deal with that.
  • Where do you buy that at? Is it bad for children or is it natural?