Swollen Abdomen?

edited April 2012 in Loss
To those with prior miscarriages, did your belly ever get swollen during/after the miscarriage? I'm just wondering what it might be? As of yesterday nothing has passed yet and still haven't bled. Pain is still the same if not worse at times during the day, but the meds help with that a lot.

Anyone experienced this?

Comments

• I can't remember that happening with mine. :/ Glad your pain meds are helping though. Did the doc ever call you?
  • She did. She said to just wait for it to pass. How freaking long is it going to take to pass? :-?? It's been, what? Over two weeks now? And that's counting the time I've known that I was still pregnant. The surgery was 8 weeks ago. So...just when is it going to pass? I wouldn't really care if it wasn't as painful. My meds will last till friday. If it's still like this, I'm calling the OB and demanding something be done. Or I will call Planned Parenthood and pay them to get it out. Sorry if that's cold, but I can't take much more of it.
  • Yikes. Well HBA said yesterday about it sometimes taking months, so I wouldn't wait that long if you're continuing to be on pain. I don't think it sounds cold, but I'm also pretty cold about things myself usually...I couldnt do my job well if I let everything break me down. That's not to say I don't feel or care...I just can't let it destroy me. So I'm right there with you. I think going to PP is a good idea. They may be able to get you in faster as well because they are used to seeing people without insurance. Hoping this gets taken care of one way or another, soon.
  • @sophiasmom11, I definitely do.

@RTmommy, right there with you. Why does one's body begin to miscarry and then stop? A missed miscarriage can take weeks and weeks to pass, but this isn't one. This is an incomplete miscarriage. Everything I've read says they usually wait two weeks and then it's necessary to medically intervene. :/

Well, if I do get an infection, I'm going to go sue crazy on them.
  • I don't know if it has to do with hcg levels or what...what I do know is after two weeks and two rounds of cytotech, my OB insisted on a D&C. In your case, I feel like they're shoving you aside due to lack of insurance, which is bullshit. We are obligated to provide care when its needed regardless of coverage...hence moms having babies here from Mexico and us delivering them and keeping them alive millions of dollars later in the nicu. I honestly think if pp can't help you, you should go to the nearest teaching hospital for care. I work at one, and they seem to be even more willing to help because it IS a learning opportunity as well. And my hospital gives the best care possible, it's not just playing with people to learn. And suing them would be completely appropriate if you get septic again. Medically negligent seems like a good reason.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My best friend has endometriosis and her belly used to swell up like she was 6mos preggo. The worst was after she had a miscarriage. It used to happen alot to her...the swelling, I mean. Hadn't happened since she got her tubes tied though.
  • I am wondering if it is endometritis...not to be confused with endometriosis. Im going to call the doc today. @homebirthadvocate, I did!
  • It took my body almost 4 wks before I finally passed it on my own. I would keep on the doc about doing something. I was having such terrible pain and it turned out I could have had a hemmorage (the ob told me this) since I had kept everything for that long in me
  • @kayleigh27, that is awful! I'm not concerned about hemorrhage at the moment because I am not bleeding at all anymore. Hemorrhage usually occurs with an incomplete miscarriage when you continue to bleed but not pass. That's why I'm so confused...I bled and bled and bled for those first few days...then suddenly stopped and passed nothing. I suppose that is why they're not worried, because I'm not bleeding. My cervix has been open for over a week though. It's all so confusing.
  • I've been taking the angelica root. I hope it does something.

This may be a stupid question, but if I take aspirin, will it help speed this up? Or just put me at risk for bleeding out? @homebirthadvocate, @mom2ing @rtmommy
  • I've been reading all of these women's stories on other boards about falling Hcg levels with empty uterine sac with no bleeding to find out months later that the baby is growing. Wow! Unbelievable. However, there is no way that is what's going on. My body just won't let it go like HBA said. It HAS to sooner or later...
  • Everytime I read your post, I think what if the baby is growing?
  • @mommyfor3, the thought has crossed my mind...but it just can't be possible. My levels went from 700-400-200. Nothing has changed in the ultrasounds from the last two weeks. Same thing every time...an empty sac and a cyst on my right ovary. That cyst that implants when the pregnancy does.
  • This far along, you'd see something by now. If your hcg was rising, maybe...anyway, hope that angelica root starts working soon. And I'll third the no aspirin with the ladies. ;)
  • I just got back from the OB office to get more labs drawn. I considered not even going because of the cost, but I went anyways just to appease the OB. The NP I saw the other day (never actually saw the OB) stopped me and asked how things were. I told her no change and she was extremely concerned. She said they would take a look at the labs and give me a call. What was really awesome is that they didn't charge me for it! I am about to call Planned Parenthood now and see what they can do for me.
  • Thats great news, hopefully you'll hear back soon.
  • WOW. Planned Parenthood will not perform a D&C (even though it is the SAME procedure as a first trimester abortion) on a woman with a miscarriage. They told me to go to the ER and that they "can't help me"....

....so, they'll perform an abortion on a woman with a live, viable pregnancy, but won't help a woman having an incomplete miscarriage?! WTF.
  • @homebirthadvocate, I don't know ~X( I am so unbelievably upset. That was, in my head, like my last hope to get this over with. The thought that I could go there was keeping me totally sane. I understand that women wait weeks and weeks with missed miscarriages to pass on their own, but I am absolutely uncomfortable with that at this point. Physically and emotionally. I have been in so much PAIN for the last week. I am beyond myself, especially knowing my meds will last me until tomorrow or friday. I don't want to go through the day with this pain anymore. This is just mindblowing to me. I want to know what the f*ck is going on. I feel like I have absolutely no answers.
  • edited April 2012
    Tomorrow is friday hun :( Im sorry you're still in pain. I hope it passes soon
  • @mom2ing, the OB called and said that they would do a d&c but that the cost is 11k dollars and they will require 20% upfront.

...of course they would. Meanwhile, I have sixty bucks to my name. How awesome.
  • 11k?! Omg, my csection & entire 3 day hospital stay didnt cost that much
  • My medicaid isn't approved @homebirthadvocate. It will be backdated, but the OB office won't take it into consideration until I actually have a medicaid insurance number because they "don't know for sure that it will be approved". That if it's approved, they will give me all my money back because of backdating. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to give them upfront.