Swollen Abdomen?

Comments

• And for the tricare, two weeks, however if I drop school because I don't have the money for daycare, I will no longer be eligible. I have to be a full time student to receive it.
  • I'm praying for you to pass it and feel better or win the lottery!
  • @sophiasmom11, I already thought about that. Prior to a termination, they do an ultrasound. When they see it is non viable, they wont perform it but refer you to your OB or the ER.
  • As bad as that sounds @sophiasmom11 has a bit of a point...that's ridiculous that they wont do this for you. This could be dangerous! Even if you don't bleed out you could damn well get an infection!
  • Pooh I just saw your post....bummer
  • If u say your only like 5 weeks you wouldn't see an actual "baby"
  • Im not five weeks. My estimated gestation of pregnancy is actually 11wk3days but with stopped growth a 6wk4days. @mmy21nttc.

I am fully aware that you can't see an actual "baby" at five weeks, but it doesn't change the fact that I still have a pregnancy in my uterus. Baby or not, my body hasn't passed the pregnancy. Whether or not there is an actual embryo inside the sac doesn't change how I feel about carrying a non-viable pregnancy around for weeks and miscarrying without expelling it. So I apologize if saying "carrying around a dead baby" isn't accurate, but it is how I feel.
  • Everything happens for a reason, and this happening to you may be a blessing in disguise. I just wish it didn't hurt so much.

On another thought, I have to comment on your patience and maturity in this matter. You definitely owe no explanations, but continue to do so nicely. You go girl!
  • I totally understand how you wouldn't want to carry it around...I had to wait 2 weeks for my d&c...it fing sucks! So sorry they are giving you the run around...insurance or not its not right and they have to treat you and it sucks they're probably not going to till its medically necessary.
  • @mijita, thank you. That really means alot. I'm positive this happened for a reason. A failed D&C can cause a host of issues in a baby. I know that a lot are born perfectly fine, but there are some that aren't. It just wasn't the right time at all in my life for another child. God has his reasons...I just wish I knew why it is taking so long. My hcg levels from today are still at a 235 from two days ago. It's really confusing :/
  • @mmy21nttc, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've reserved myself to the fact that it's not going to happen until, like you said, it's "medically necessary". I still have hope that my body will just finish on its own, but that it's only taking longer than usual. I just pray that the "medically necessary" doesn't happen...I cannot afford to get another infection as I did with the prior one. It was one of the worst experiences in my life. The antibiotics they gave me caused my tongue to swell, my taste buds to disappear and skin to fall off in my mouth. Not to mention the pain...I don't even want to think about it.
  • I don't have any input besides I'm sorry :( this is totally ridiculous.
  • I think I'm going crazy @redshadoe0. It is seriously on my mind now 24/7 throughout the day. I go to bed thinking about it...I wake up thinking about it. Afraid I'm going to be somewhere or at school when it happens, etc etc. I think I just need to chill the hell out and let what happens, happen. Worry about the things I actually have control over, because obviously no one is going to do this D&C.
  • It'd be hard NOT to think about it.. but maybe it won't be like last time w the infection and all. Who knows... Keep at em. Don't let them brush you off till you're satisfied. And 11k for it?!?!? GD! They've gotta be stretching that number somehow...
  • edited April 2012
    @redshadoe0, I thought that as well. Seems insane to me, but it IS a surgery. Done with anesthesia at the hospital, so who knows? :-? But I'm really done trying. It's too exhausting and upsetting. I will go back to the ER probably this weekend if nothing changes and maybe I'll get results this time.
  • Ugh :( sorry to reply so late. I'm on night 1 of 3 at work and sleep all day. So when the OB called back did they have any good news about your labs? I really hope that angelica does something for you to get things moving along. It's miserable for you to have to deal with this any longer. :( I'm sorry, hon.
  • I have nothing to say that would help. But im sorry your dealing with this and your in my thoughts. I hope your body catches up with whats going on and expels everything asap. *cuddles*
  • @rtmommy, nope :( Levels are still at 235. They didn't change since the last.
  • Are you still getting fevers? I wonder what they would charge you at the OB just to give you an Rx of the misoprostol to see if that gets things moving along. Just another thought if the D&C is that far out of reach...? hugs!
  • Nope, no more fevers @rtmommy. I totally forgot about the misprostol. I think I will call today when I am out of clinical and ask.
  • This may have been answered already...but have you tried talking to tricare and telling them it's an emergency? Maybe they can hurry the process along. Do you have a military ID? If so the military hospital is required to help ( I think). I am so sorry you are going thru this...and planned parenthood is totally ass backwards!
  • It's worth a shot. It worked well for me the first time I used it. The trick was to have the doc place it up as far as they could, and then place a tampon to hold it in place. Then I went home and laid there for 4 hours to make sure I didn't dislodge it. Maybe the second time it didn't work as well because I placed it myself? I don't know. But if it gets things starting for you, it's totally worth a try.
  • @ashley_smashley, I wish. My father has to add me to his DEERS first. He cannot do it and get to base until Monday. Then I have to go and get my ID card before I can be sent to tricare. I cannot call them and get it without this being done first :(
  • @rtmommy, was it very painful?
  • Oh man I am sorry. Stupid military makes everything such a fiasco!
  • Im going to hide under my covers to avoid any other crazy bullshit on friday the 13th ;) @ashley_smashley
  • Lol prolly a good idea...I probably should follow...lol
  • edited April 2012
    Yay! Cuddle time! ::in a totally heterosexual way:: ;)

@ashley_smashley
  • @captivated it WAS painful the first time, and I refused any pain meds because I didn't think I would.need them. I did it with just ibuprofen. But on the up side, it was only painful while I was contracting and as soon as it got almost unbearable, I passed the bulk of the pregnancy. After that, it was just like a heavy period. It still took several weeks for my hcg to drop to zero, but I didn't have any other physical problems. :)
  • @RTmommy, I am on my way back to the ER. I don't think it will accomplish anything, but maybe I'll get some answers this time. I'm pretty tired of the pain. I'll let you know what happens.