How long is this going to go on

edited April 2012 in Breastfeeding
I stopped nursing 2 weeks ago, my lo was 6 1/2 months old, but my breast still ache and leak all the time. I was supplementing since Feb when i went back to work, and by the time i stopped i was only nursing at night before bed. My breasts hurt so bad, yesterday hubby groped me and i yelled out in pain. He felt so bad cuz he's always doing that just to mess around but the pain was so bad i started to cry a little.

When will they dry up?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wear some really tight bras and tank tops. I'm not looking forward to that at all. My son is eight months and still nurses
  • @homebirthadvocate I did slowly wean...i was only nursing once a day and then i even nursed every 2 days right before i stopped and about a week later i was engorged.
  • Im doing the same thing and have weaned slowly over a few weeks and only doing 1 feed each side a day and I wont stop fully till the engorgement settles... This shit hurts!!! When it gets too bad I go for a warm shower and it helps alot... But can be counter productive as it can trigger the letdown.. I have heard good things about cold cabbage leaves though
  • I tried the cabbage leaves and stopped bf at three month my son is 13 months and i stopped leaking till he was 1yr!! I didn't understand it of I didn't even bf that long !

I think that the pgncy stopped the milk ? I hope you dry up soon
  • Does anyone's husbands or boyfriends think booby milk is sexy just curious? Lol
  • My fiance thinks it's gross. He wont go near my boobs lol
  • My husband did blaghhh!
  • Dont do the cabbage leaves if youre allergic to sulfa. If you arent, put cold, raw cabbage leaves in a tight bra. Eat anything with sage in it, even sausage. Benadryl or tylenol pm at night.
  • Yes! Sage or sage tea and what they said^^
  • @SalasMommy mine thought it was super sexy when it like leaked all over his chest when i was on top..I thought he was a real weirdo. I thought it was a pain in the ass. He was so mad when my boobs dried up!
  • Ughh I hated that too! He actually tasted it it made me wanna get sick