UPDATE ON VBAC****

edited April 2012 in Giving birth
I want to do it had my son 3-17-11 VIA c section

Anyone who has done it suggestions?

I'm trying to get some opinions I don't want another csection

Has anyone uterus ruptured my DoC says 1 out of 100 have this problems but she doesn't want to take the risk I am against it though :-/

Comments

• I had a hbac. 1 out of 100???? LOL. not true. You rupture at the end of 3rd trimester. And its only a .0001% chance
  • I suggest finding a care provider who supports it or midwife and make sure hospital doesn't have a vbac ban. Try a birthing center too
  • That's what she told me how long had it been since you gave birth before the vbac does it matter if my babies are close together
  • edited April 2012
    Actually your scar heals in a matter of months. I have had a couple vbac clients who's babies were 11months apart.
    My hbac was exactly 2 yrs after section.
    I promise you, your doc is trying to use tactics to cover herself really.
  • But 18mo is ideal between births. :)
  • I want to do it i really do I'm just scared that they will tell me i need another c section!
  • I would find a birthing center. Transferring to a hospital is a really slim chance :) at least here it is. 2 transfers in 10+ yrs.
  • Was your section a failed induction? Or something serious?
  • They induced me bc of preeclampsia didn't progress after 5cm and my babu had the cord wrapped around twice so he was under stress bp started rising so I got the emergency c Section
  • Oh OK I'm sure the induction was the most stressful for baby.
    But if you chose the hospital route, you have every right to decline a c section. You CANNOT get induced if trying for a vbac and doctor should not use pitocin to "speed things up" water should not be broken, it creates issues as well as stress on baby and helps cushion labor.
    make sense? :) good luck! And don't be scared! Its one of the best moments ever given the opportunity
  • edited April 2012
    Ok just had a successful vbac march 26th!! It went great!!!! I've had three natural one csection and then my vbac. It is true you can not have anything to induce. The only thing you can have done to the closest thing of induction is they break your water. I had to go on my own and I did but they were going to break my water though if I didn't go by the 31st. The doc said if I got to 6cms and my contractions weren't strong enough they would give me some pitocein but they wouldn't give me much. I was told you had to have a natural birth previously in order to have one. I had no complacations with mine. It went better then I thought. I actually did it all natural which I am still looking back and still asking myself how the heck did I do an all natural birth. That was all my choice. This is the first one I had all natural. Let me tell ya I felt all 8lbs if my chunkie butt but it was all worth it! If you need any info or any other questions answered feel free to contact me. It will be three weeks Monday since I had mine. Seems like just yesterday.
  • @momofSOONtobe7 Congrats!
    PS. A mom doesn't have to have a vaginal previously for a vbac. Its just a tactic. So many moms have had vba2c and even vba3c :)
  • I tried to do it. My son was 2 lbs bigger than they projected though and I have an android pelvis so he did not fit. He also had his heart rate drop horribly and we found out he had a spontanious collapsed lung. I would so recommend trying it at least. I dont regret trying even though it was a failure. I did have a low dose of pitocin and they did have to break my water (my body refused to progress; and it was a natural non-progression. My body would only go to a specific point and would stop so I needed the added 'push' lol)
  • I vbac 26 months after my c section and I wouldn't have it any other way. It was amazing! I had a wonderful supportive doctor aorta that helped. I did have to have my water broke but no pitoson. They wanted to give it to me but I refused and walked which worked just fine. Good luck mama!
  • @bahamamama4828 thanks so much for your story! And for helping me I'm freqking out! Did you get pain medicine can we get it?

@momofSOONtobe7

Congrats!! And thank you for sharing please tell me more were you not allowed pain medicine? I'm scared that because my first was a c Section I won't be able to do this and will need a c Section I want this i really do but my DoC has been pressuring me and saying its not a good idea that its safer for a c Section but i read a VBAC is better than a c Section a second time around :-/

@barefootmama was the c Section your first baby? Please give me details what kind of medicine did you get for pain if any did you progress or did it take you a long while? How long where you overdue

• @lilbit01_209

That's what I'm scared of but i want to attempt it. I want to know i tried just like with Jacob
  • edited April 2012
    No I had a home birth. No pain meds. I walked and gave birth in a birth pool. Almost an epidural feeling :)
  • Oh god your brave! I couldn't do it! Are you allowed to get an epidural? I bet it hurt so bad!
  • @lilbit01_209 's issue is very rare btw. Don't worry mama! :)
  • If I was at a hospital then yes I would've been allowed an epi.
  • No it didn't hurt that bad. The water relaxed me and made it feel like a huge poop! Lol! I squatted to give birth so my pelvis would be more open.
  • If you were to need a c Section would she have done it? Or would you have to be rushed to the er?
  • Sorry I'm asking so many questions I'm extremely scared but ita something I have to do a look at m y options
  • edited April 2012
    oh its ok :) in case of hemorrhaging the placenta would need to be out fast! and during labor/birth if you dont have an epi, you will know if something is wrong by instinct. yes, being rushed to the ER would happen. but those chances are somewhat rare. let me send ya a few links. give me a sec.
  • Thanks you I'm going to read this i just haven't been able to sleep thinking and thinking I know that its the best I'm just scared.
  • I was scared too. Just of the unknown really. But once it happens, its a great determination
  • I got the epi no shame I actual didn't want it but because of comlacation with my first or was siggusted that I did so just to be safe I did. I don't regrat it probably would have asked for it but just a little later into labor
  • @salasMommy Like @bahamamama4828 said my issues are RARE.. very rare. My son was also late (41 weeks) but I did go into labor on my own, my body just didnt respond. It may be that my son just didnt drop far enough to trigger an advancement I dont know. But I suggest trying again. If I could I would do it again with my next but I am no longer medically cleared for another vbac. I would recommend trying it, if it fails you at least tried and thats what matters...