Angel mommies w rainbow babies?

edited April 2012 in Loss
Tomorrow will be our 2 week angelversary and I can't get over it... I can't believe we lost her just as I entered my third trimester. At the end of this month I go home to now have a service for her instead of a baby shower.

I'm so afraid to try again when we're ready... But I want to be a mommy to an earth child to watch grow up. How do u find the strength to do so? Who has had healthy rainbow babies after a stillborn? Did u wait the 2 cycles or more?

I'd like to lose all my weight, work on tightening up again, & then see where we're at. But I miss my baby so much... Ugh!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I heard its best to wait as long as the pregnancy lasted :( but make sure you are ready for another one mentally and not just physcially. I'm so sorry for your loss. I was angry at God after my loss. I hated the pregnant women at the store. I wanted to have my baby still growing inside of me. I found support groups online and they helped a lot. I talked about it with my husband because hes just as hurt as you are remember. I talked with a good friend who had 3 losses and she understood my feelings. Just surround yourself with supportive people. Don't lock yourself away. Give yourself time to fully grieve. It will get easier. You will have your bad days and your good days. Some days you wont know where you would get the strenght to get out of bed but you will. You will never go through another day where you wont think of your beautiful Harlow but remember she is watching over you and loves you and your husband.
  • So, so sorry for your loss. I lost my pregnancies well before there was a viable baby, so I can only imagine how much worse your pain is. Losing a child is awful. Hugs and prayers for you and your family, hon.
  • Ive never gone through this experience, so I cant give advice or share any experience, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. More women need to truly cherish their babies, and not bitch all the time bc they "never sleep" or "wont stop crying" and realize how lucky & blessed they are. My mother lost my little brother in the 3rd trimester (20yrs ago) and still cries every year on that day. I cant imagine what you must be going through. Again, im very sorry for your loss hun
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I was told my baby had passed April 11, 2011 and delivered the following morning. I know how youre feeling. I loved and wanted my boy back, but at the same time I couldn't help but think about trying again. I remember crying so hard and being so upset and having so much love for him, I thought for sure at times he would just materialize in my arms.

I ended up getting pregnant three months later. This last Wednesday, April 11, 2012 I gave birth to my rainbow girl, Anna Mae. I'm so in love, but I think about my boy still. I know he's with us and I can't help but think how special it is that she has her own little angel watching over her.
  • I'm sorry for your loss..praying for your family
  • I still ache for you and think of you and your family everyday. I cannot imagine.
    I do no 2 women who had stillborn baby girls around 36 weeks. One was in aug 07 and she had her rainbow boy either in fall 08 or early 09. The other one I know happened feb 11 & she is now expecting a baby boy in aug. When the time is right it'll happen! And your rainbow baby will be one lucky little girl/boy to have his/her big angel sister to watch over them!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just lost a baby at 7 weeks, just had the d&c yesterday i know that it wasnt as old as your baby but i can imagine that it feels the same, I want another baby but now i am just scared, and dont want to go through it again. I guess I would look at it as does the good out weighs the bad, and try when you feel ready. You will never forget about your little girl, she will always hold a place in your heart. but at the same time when your ready you should give it another chance. Sorry for your loss and prayers to you and your family.
  • Im so sorry for your loss and I know those words always made me cry when I heard them! I lost my angel baby at almost 12 weeks. So after everything I wanted to wait to heal emotional but only 6 weeks later I was pregnant again!!! I had a very healthy baby boy Oct. 25 2011 but not a day didn't go by that I was not thinking how scared I was to lose him!! And I really really wish we had done better to prevent pregnancy. I needed more time. So idk if more time would have helped but you really have to be emotionally ready cus worrying isn't good for baby or mommy. So take it you day by day and do whatever you have to so you can be at peace with everything. I wish you and your family the best and def surround yourself with people who love and support you!!!! Like your preggly family
  • I love you.
  • Jake was my rainbow baby jenn I was 28 wks too will never forget the day 4-14-09 the baby was measuring 20-22 wks though

Ita extremely hard I still cry just to think about it and I would say there is so many women who treat their children like crap and i can't have mine..

7.10.10 I conceived Jake tons of complications but he was fine

As you know I lost my recent angel baby 12.30.11 at 8wks three days

And preggo again I'm scared and i always thing what if what if its so hard you never really get over it..I'm glad that i waited a while between my first baby and Jake sometimes I even feel guilty to say I only have one child I feel like I should be saying I have three :'(

Don't fall into depression...I was depressed for a long while I wouldn't eat sleep Hell I couldn't even cry tears anymore

Please stay strong jen.

• edited April 2012
    @mrsrocketfield1221 omg. I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Hearing of late term losses such as yours always shatter my heart and bring back all the emotions and feelings I felt on 10/15/11 when I went to L&D for decreased movement only to learn our son, Maxwell had grown wings. :(( when I say that was the hardest thing I ever hope to hear I absolutely mean it. I was 31 wks along. Prior to losing him, I had an ectopic in October 2008 and a chemical pregnancy, February 3, 2011. So far three pregnancies, no living children yet.
    Well I'm currently 16 wks due October 1 with our hopeful rainbow baby. I will be induced sometime in September due to my history. I'm very prayerful that this is meant to be and my husband and I have left it in God hands as we embark upon this emotional and scary journey.

We waited until January to ttc, actually December but ttc was unsuccessful in December. It is recommended to wait 6 months at least following a vaginal delivery and at first we had every intention of waiting, to let my body rest and heal physically and to grieve our son even longer. But we talked and we realized what we were missing is a child. All I want to be is a mom, my husband is ready to be a dad so despite what other's recommended we ttc'd 2 months later, got pregnant the third month. For us the desire to have a child far outweighs the risk/fear of losing another precious little one. That in my opinion is really the key in knowing when the time is right to ttc again. You aren't replacing Harlow, just simply giving her a sibling that she'd be proud of. ♥

Sorry for the super long response but these stories really tug at my heart strings. Loss due to stillbirth, neonatal loss, or pre-term labor is like no other. You've had months to bond with that child, feel movement and watch him/her grow, name him/her, prepare nursery,etc. only to leave a hospital with empty arms and it stings bad--very badly. Yell, scream, cry grieve however you need to. Just know that your heart will always grieve the loss of Harlow. There will come a time where you won't want to shut yourself off from the world and cry every single day. You will adjust to not having her in your life. It's hard but doable. These may not be the things you want to hear right now because neither did I, and I didn't believe any of it. Though your heart will never fully "heal", trying again is part of the healing process and it shows you are ready to move forward in your life. You'll never forget Harlow. She is forever apart of you. I understand and am available to talk when ever you want. I've had three types of loss and prior to my stillbirth I remember thinking this ectopic/chemical/miscarriage is the worst thing I'll ever have to face. Boy was I wrong, though those loses hurt too; with those I didn't lose a child I lost the idea/potential of a child. I was grieving what could have been.

You can comment me or send me a private message if you'd like to add me on Facebook. I'm an administrator to a secret group on there for angel mommies and it's a wonderful support system for angel mommies. We all help and support each other. There is so much love,inspiration,and hope in that group it's unreal. ♥

Also check out http://www.mollybears.com. They make weighted bears in memory of sleeping angels. The wait list is rather long and the request form only opens on the 30th of each month but for several women who have received their bears, it was more than worth the wait.

Will say a prayer for you tonight. ♥
  • edited April 2012
    @AngelMaxwellsMama That was absolutely beautiful. I just have to say that. Made me cry. :X And i'm so sorry for all of the losses you women have experienced. You are all so strong and brave for sharing. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you're blessed with the beautiful earth babies you deserve. :)
  • @kjackmom thank-you. :) I used to wonder, why me?? Why was I chosen for this life?? But God has a purpose for every storm that comes in our lives. We have to accept the good and the bad that comes from the hands of the Lord. He reigns over the just and unjust and just because misfortune/tragedy falls upon you, it doesn't mean you're a bad person. Sometimes these things happen because God has chosen us to be the strongest and He wants His light to shine through us, so others can find hope and inspiration.
  • edited April 2012
    @kiwi_mom Congrats on your rainbow baby! ♥ You know what's funny/scary? The same day you found out your son had gone back to Heaven is the exact same day I found out I was pregnant with our son, who is now also in Heaven. I wonder if they are friends and play with each other up there? :) ♥ I also conceived roughly three months after delivering. We found out he was gone 10/15/11 but I didn't go in to be induced until 10/18/11. I needed a few days to process all that had happened, notify family so they could be there for support, etc. I didn't deliver until 10/20/11 because they used a rather slow method of induction because I was only 31 wks so they wanted to be as easy and gentle on me as possible. I really appreciated that.

We got our positive 1/22/12. So as I said about 3 months after delivering. I'm due 10/1/12 and would love the idea of having my rainbow on Maxwell's angelversary but I know that's out of the question. Since I'm high risk this time,they're not letting me go to 40 wks, let alone over due. But still thank God, I will no longer have empty arms when his angelversary rolls around. That is so special you delivered on your son's angelversary. Proof he's always with you and he'll never leave you alone. ♥ Just curious was 4/11/12 your due date this time or were you early/late?
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, it's deffinitely heartbreaking to me =(( since I was only a week behind you in pregnancy. You'll have another one when it's your time. I would suggest to wait about a year and a half if not 2 years so you can grieve and heal. I wish you the best!