Baby carrier suggestions.

edited April 2012 in Babies
I have a moby wrap for my 6 mo. I need some suggestions on another carrier for my chunky butt baby lol. Cheap preferably and not so much dang fabric lol.
What works for you if you're short?

Comments

• I loved my moby/sleepy wrap with my first but with my second son I wanted something faster to put on and I discovered the ergo. It's so comfy it feels like you're wearing a light backpack. You can wear baby on your front or back. I've already taken my 10 month old hiking with him in the back carry and my back and shoulders weren't sore at all after a two hour hike :) I love my ergo, its not cheap though...I think I paid around $100. Oh, and I'm 5'3"
  • @Michellebelle oh I was thinking ergo too! :) I think ill look for a cheaper one lol
  • edited April 2012
    I'm 5'1" btw. The Moby is getting to be too much.
  • I love my pikkolo baby carrier. It's not a wrap...it's a soft structured carrier. It's very comfy and my daughter loves it..she always falls asleep in it tho lol...u can go to catbirdbaby.com to read about it or amazon.com and read reviews. It has 100% positive feedback on there.
  • @myheartzx3 if i can get something under $100 even better! :)
  • I'm obsessed with my ergobaby carrier! Its so freakin comfy, my daughter almost always falls asleep in it (she's 20lbs) I've tried tons of carriers and this one is the most comfortable by far! The bjorn always hurts my back, so does the infantino...and it is pricy but will last u through all your babies and their resale value is always pretty high! What i did was had my cousin just buy me a gift cert on the website because she wanted to get a baby gift for me, and they emailed me the code and it was that easy! Oh and the customer service was awesome
  • I have the infantino one, and paid $30 for it from toys r us. You can put baby on your back or front, and it really light weight :)
  • I think I have the infantino one. It's pretty lightweight. If you pay shipping, I can ship it to you! I have never used it!
  • @captivated lol I really don't feel like lugging around a double stroller. I have a 2 yo too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate oh yes I forgot about the Mei tai. Now I'm on the search ad far as pricing for a carrier and hit up the second hand store.
  • I have evenflow it works great. My son loves it.
  • I have a Beco Butterfly 2 and love it! Also a Babyhawk Mei Tai.
    You can look and see if there is a baby wearing group in your state and look for used ones cheap.
    PAXbaby.com and Frogmoma.com (double check to make sure the frogmoma link is right) also have used carriers.
    Paxbaby you can rent them to see what you like best.
    I would stay away from buying an Ergo on craigslist and ebay because there are soooo many fake ones out there.
    There is also the infantino mei tai. And another infantino that I believe isn't a crotch dangler but I can't recall the name.
    Babycenter also has a babywearing swap I always see great deals on there as well.
  • @LittleFae oh haha i forgot we had a baby wearing group in my town where i can rent out carriers for freeeeee! lol. ya, i think its the infantino thats bad on the hips but i am not certain. haha i just need to find the perfect one..again..
  • edited April 2012
    I have a, mei tai carrier and I love it!! I loved my moby wrap but I had to get something different due to her being in a cast!
  • Infantino has mainly crotch danglers. But they are starting to branch out with their mei tai and wrap. I believe they recently came out with a buckle one that supports knee to knee but I could be wrong. But. I don't know how the support is with it either since they are a cheaper brand and mainly have the crotch danglers.