Going to get the car seat and stroller......(Advice)

edited April 2012 in Third Trimester
Which brand is the best to get when it comes to price and quality. I don't wanna keep going back

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I mean I don't want to keep buying more.
  • I have a graco, I personally love it! Its one of their higher end models, but they have models to fit any price point. Its all personal preferance really... I suggest going to babies r us or buy buy baby and playing with their floor models. Then if you find one you like see if walmart carries it for cheaper! Just a thought..
  • Mmm it depends on what your looking for, I looked for a stroller that I could close up with one hand and light enough to pick up on my own.
  • @kittypotato Thanks Graco seems very popular, I see alot of their models in the stores around me.
  • @whozdher Did you get any luck finding one?
  • I personally feel its the most affordable and still good quality.
  • @kittypotato I'll look into that thanks!
  • My sister and brother in law found one for me they bought it and they did the dirty work. It's light easy to use with one hand easy to close up, the carseat easy to move in to and off of the stroller they bought it at target but I don't remeber the brand
  • I have a Eddie Baurer .. it has all the bells and whistles BUT.. the bottom storage under the stroller drags when things are put in it.
  • @kristaf22 Yeah Evenflo and Graco are like the most common and popular brands i've seen, Didn't really know why though. :)
  • @YNVTish That doesn't really sound to appealing :) How much weight can it hold?
  • Love my Bugaboo...spendy but worth it!
  • I have a graco it was the stroller and car seat that came together and i luv it.. i totally recommend it ;)
  • i'd say I see mostly graco & safety first. However I got the evenflo koi travel system. Babies due in june so I have used it yet! But I live its design & its very light weight. there aren't many reviews on it but they say its easy assembly! Definately look on babies r us, then check target & walmart for cheaper prices because you'll save money!!
  • I got a graco one yesturday for 139.00 at walmart the stroller and carseat it may be the cheapest place to go. Most range from 180.00 dollars on up.
  • I love my chicco set. We did a lot of research before buying and were dead set on the Eddie bauer one until they discontinued our model. So when we were looking for a new set we saw the chicco and fell in love. Our carseat is light weight. The stroller we got at our shower was in the set. My grandma and mom bought it for us and my gma said she made sure it had everything..it lays completely flat for a newborn, it has different back positions, it has a tray for baby, it has a cup holder for me and a compartment, the foot rest has different positions. It closes with one hand and is light weight. We have used it a couple of times and I wouldn't get another one. The weight limit is up to a toddler. It's pricey but well worth it! We also bought a neutral color so we can use for baby number 2.
  • I had the graco travel system i got for 139 at babiesrus. It was on sale from 200 something it was the snugride 35 i think. My son is tall so he out grew it fast and we bought the graco all in one smart seat. I LOVE it and so does my lo. It was a bit pricey but its a 5-100 carseat so if i could do it all over again i wouldnt have gotten a newborn seat just because it was only used for 4 months.
  • @trixiesmom8 Where do you find them? I've never heard of those brands before. I'm the same way I dont wanna buy one designed for a certain gender in case we wanna have other kids.
  • @hodgeslangdon Deffinitely, that's a good idea.
  • @kristaf22 don't worry lol we mange 2 toddler chairs and a infant seat into a mitubshi sp lancer oz rally hahaa were okay ready pull the chair push go got it hahaha its deff a challenge hahah
  • @kindell What a bumer. Yeah I'm gonna stay away from anything newborn.
  • I personally prefer graco. Mines light and i can open and close with one hand. I had a c section and i had no problem lifting it. Steer clear of cosco brand carseat and stroller. The bases don't strap well in the car and its hard to snap in the base. Also if lose the like stick thing you can't put the carseat on the stroller. The baskets too small and the seat don't recline much.
  • edited April 2012
    @kristaf22 What a good price for that Chicco Umbrella Stroller!!
  • I had a graco travel system for Kaylee and it still looks brand new...My parents paid about $170ish for it
  • I have a safety first infant seat and stroller. my car seat can be used until 35 lbs and/or 32 inches. we had a graco set and my daughter screamed when in the seat so I returned it and got a safety first and haven't had any trouble since. also the safety first seat is a lot easier to install the base. hope this helps.
  • We got ours from target but I know babies r us carries that brand too.
  • @kristaf22 yeah its a pretty fun experince hahaha
  • I got the Eddie Bauer travel system, it was nice for a little while. And like @UMBrian said..the basket does drag when you put stuff in it. Paid around $250 for it. I ended up putting the stroller out for trash pick up...it was soooo heavy & bulky! I still use the car.seat for my son, I just bought a jogging stroller that's super light weight, and is narrow so I'm not in the way when I go any where.
  • I have Eddie Bauer. I dont mind it. I mainlygot it because it was more masculine