nipple size

edited April 2012 in Food
When did you advance your lo to a fast flowing nipple? My lo takes 5 oz with medium flow and wondered when to advace him.

Comments

• 3/4 months. She started not finishing her bottles so I figured it was time. I switched the nipple size and she went back to eating it all.
  • I switched my son to fast flow at 7-8 months. The fast flow nipples say 6months+, but that's not always the right time for every baby.
  • edited April 2012
    It also depends on what kind of bottle you are using. Some brands are faster or slower than others. My lo uses MAM bottles.
  • @Mimii36 Ive never heard of MAM bottles, is that a brand? Mine uses Playtex ventair...
  • edited April 2012
    Yes its a brand. It's the only ones my daughter really like to use when I stopped breastfeeding. They are hard to find. Only sold at Kmart. I did use ventaire for a bit before I found these and I do think I recall those nipples being a little faster.
  • edited April 2012
    My baby is still on the medium flow at 1 yr. I say if it takes too long for them to drink the bottle normally then you should change the nipple. So she seems to be doing just fine with the medium flow ones. Anyways I'm in the process of changing her completely to sippy cups