Tattoos & Breast Feeding

Hey ladies!

I was wondering if anyone had info on the safety of getting tattoo work done while breast feeding? I have been itching for some new work for a while now...

Thanks!!!

Comments

• As long as everything is clean. I got a tat and piercing nursing lol
  • I did! But i cleared it with my ob and pediatrician first, they said the ink molecules are too large to pass through your breastmilk. . Risk of infection is low but even if u do get an infection the antibodies will be in your breastmilk before baby ever has a chance of being exposed.. when in doubt ask your Drs
  • Thanks for the input ladies! I figured it was ok just wanted to run it past you guys! Can't wait to start my sleeve!!
  • I asked my tattoo artist. He is very well known in my area. This is exactly what he said

" As far as I am aware, it would do no harm...we only do not tattoo pregnant women because of liability issues, not really because it would harm the baby."

Hope it helps :)
  • I want some...but seriously can't make up my mind!
  • @davidnaadynsmama thanks for the info!

@nameless i am going to start on my sleeve..particularly focusing on a family tat that tj and I are getting of dragonflys.
  • I got my done and I was still bf at night. that was month and half ago
  • I'm still breastfeeding and got my tat of my daughters name and some other stuff over a month ago as long as everything is clean the ink itself has no effect on the milk.