Crib transition

edited April 2012 in Sleep
How old were your lo's when you started putting them in their own crib. Mine sleeps in his pack n play next to my bed. Hubby wants to put him in there and I don't feel I'm ready but maybe it's time. He will be 6 months on May 8th. And what tips do you have?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I started him just a few Weeks ago. He's is almost 10 months. I'm sorry no advice here he sleeps great in his crib but he is still in my room
  • 5 months old... we did it over spring break because I had it off and I could deal with him if he freaked out.. but we had no problem... He just started sleeping through the night 2 weeks ago @ about 6 months.
  • I started at 5 months and had no issues. She has spent a few nights recently back in her pack n play because she shares a room with my 2yo and he has been a bit sick and coughing at night waking her up..
  • Just be patient... And don't give in. Babies are smart and they can play you.. next thing you know they're back in your bed or bedroom ... How do I know because I fall for it. LOL
  • Right before 3 months she was sleeping through the night so I figured why not? And it went great been in her room in her crib since
  • I'm thinking about doing the transition soon too
  • We just transitioned this is our 2nd full week of him being in his crib it wasn't eay but it is damn sure worth the trouble. He sleeps ion there all night. Last night I call myself being nice and letting him sleep with me because he was gone with his dad on Saturday, but I quickly remembered y I don't like him in there with me. He woke me up at 4:40 to play when we get up at 6:30 to get ready for work. My bed is on the floor because I still have to get a box spring and he fell out the bed onto the floor and just laid there like he didn't notice...lol
  • he just turned 8 months
  • Right now my problem is he has been getting up between 12 and 1 and wanting to play, he won't hop back to sleep unless I hold him or put him in his swing. I've been bad and just giving into the swing cuz I'm so tired. Suggestions??? How do you get them to learn that it's bed time and not play time? If I ignore him he starts screaming! He used to sleep through the night so I don't know what's up with him.
  • Mines been in his own room since he was 2 months. He sleeps great in there and knows his routine. I use a sound machine and a pitch dark room.
  • I am starting mine this week. I am not ready but she sleeps 10 hrs so i think she is. Hubby has work off so its easier
  • We have a noise machine and dark room too :) don't think he would sleep without it! Haha
  • Last night was our first night. She is 6 months. She did great until the sun came up. Our room had dark blinds so its still pretty dim during the day. Her room doesn't have those tho so I think that's what woke her