Tales from a 12mnth long bfing journey

edited May 2012 in Breastfeeding
So it will b 12mnths of bfing my 2nd child on the 14th. So I thought I'd recap the funny yet sometimes painfully journey.

When Baze was born straight outta the womb he latched on literally as soon as he was on my chest! Oh was that a take tale sign for the days to come. He even sucked on the nurses finger when she took him to get testing!

The first couple days that the only place he wanted to b which was fine but dang did my boobies hurt. SERIOUSLY they felt like burning fire!! I'm so glad I didn't give up cause after the hump it was so much better!

Went from pain to milk bliss. I loved the closebond and all the snuggle time outs we shared and quickly my milk supply went into OVERDRIVE! I had so much milk my twins whent from c/d's pre preg to f's or bigger! I had so much my sisters baby even got a milk supply from me since he didn't take to nursing.

He started getting teeth at 6 months and boy was I worried!!! And oh was I right..

The last 6 months he does thing really funny "vampire baby" thing. His eyes fill with a wild glimmer smiles and chomps down, as soon as I scream or flinch he laughs for a minute wildly spitting milk all over me. I have to admit its quite hilarious. :) only once has he actually drawn blood, and that was on accident.

Another funny thing he has always done it never lay still! While feeding he flips, twists kicks his feet and also does this funny stand on one baby leg and extend the other leg in the air like a gymnast!

Wouldnt trade the blood sweat and tears of breastfeeding for anything Ive truely loved the whole journey and love having all the funny moments along the way!

Hope u enjoyed!

Comments

• Awwwwwww! I loved breastfeeding too, I can't wait to start again with the new baby. Congrats on making it a year! Proud of you!
  • edited May 2012
    Im going on 9 months. My biggest enjoyment has been looking at my daughter and knowing she has grown 95% on just mommy's milk! She is starting acrobatics while nursing. She calms down about half way through. Im looking forward to the many more months to come.
    @faithywp How long do u plan on nursing?
  • @Fate thank u.. I was surprised myself with my daughter the first time I only bday for 4 months but was also just 19 and didn't get all the good bfing does..

@taztwister84 I don't really know yet, I think its going to b a hard habit to break cause hes sooo boobie spoiled. Kinda dreading the cut off actually. But I figure when hes ready it will happen.
  • Awww makes me wish i couldve stuck with it!