So does anyone else......

edited May 2012 in Babies
Have a tummy sleeping baby? Mine has been sleeping on his tummy since we brought him home from the hospital. He's done good til recently, now when he's asleep at night, if he rolls to his back for any reason he starts crying til we go and put him back on his belly. He hasnt even tried rolling back over by himself. Anyone know of anything I can do, to try to keep him from rolling over?

Comments

• Roll up a blankie on each side of him. It will be a little harder for him to roll onto the blanket than a flat surface.
  • My second was a tummy sleeper. Felt horrible since they always tell u to put them to bed on their backs but she would have never slept if we did that. Trust me i tried. Bc of this she was in a pack n play in our bedroom til she was almost 9mo. It seems like it would be kinda dangerous to but anything around him to keep him positioned tho. You arent even supposed to do that with back sleepers.
  • Omgosh my daughter wants to be a tummy sleeper, but I'm so scared to let her. :-(
  • Thanks, I'm going to try rolling up blankets tonight, I tried a pillow last night, he just moved it lol we tried him on his back many times, he would fall asleep in your arms but if you put him in the bed on his back he'd wake right up.
  • One they can roll themselves over it is safe for them to sleep that way. Or I guess you can't really stop them that way. My lo loves sleeping on her tummy. We put her on her back when she was little, now at almost six months she rolls over all the time.