4 Formulas Your Baby Will NEVER Need (including Toddler Formula!!)

2»

Comments

• @misskristin I was never breastfeed eather my mother has inverted nipples or something like that...

@ArmahnisMommy At least their still talking about formula so we're still good ;;)
  • What's the difference between toddler formula and baby formula? or is it the same thing?
  • @aishamusa, I have severely inverted nipples too :) I still managed to breastfeed, thank god! It was a lot of work!

And not much difference.
  • Thank god for bf. Formula sounds complicated and u don't even know if u can trust what big bro puts in there.
  • More research on toddler milk yields:

Higher calories than regular milk/breastmilk. Also has twice the amount of sugar.

Use for preemies is understandable...but there is just no reason for it in a healthy toddler. Your kid should be receiving their nutrients from food at that point...unless you don't feel like it or don't provide nutritious food, then I can see why one would want toddler formula. :/ I cannot see myself giving my healthy toddler something with double the amount of sugar and calories because a marketing campaign has told me I "should". @dra765
  • @captivated I agree. Even my preemie was never on toddler formula, we stopped adding human milk fortifier to my milk when he was 4 months old because my milk accommodated his low weight i.e. I had higher fat milk lol he still a skinny kid though, because his dad is skinny.

• edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was going to write the same thing @mom2ing and @armahnismommy
  • My in laws are still feeding my nephew formula he is 3 almost 4!!!! They are nuts! And he is so very overweight....
  • @ghettobetty They probably don't wanna provide extra food for another person, that's crazy by 3 or 4 the kid should be having regular things. ;;)
  • oh no LOL he eats regular food too @aishamusa he is huge! they think its better then cows milk that cows milk is gross..... even though formula is cows milk ..... they are just THEM. to put it nicely.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My health visitors have always said that toddler formula is a waste of money. Cows milk is fine after they turn one unless they have a very poor diet/allergy but that will be then advised by a doctor
  • @littlenat86, exactly.

But it's not me throwing my money away! If someone has the money to spend and it makes them "feel better", more power to em!