how often..

edited May 2012 in Breastfeeding
...does your 6 month old nurse? We are going to start solids soon and wanted an idea of how much she will nurse. She only eats every 4 hours so about 3x a day. She usually eats between 7 to 8oz sometimes 9 when she gets a bottle, but only nurses for like 10min. When we went for her 4 month wellness check she weighed exactly 13lbs.

Comments

• wow mines still every 3 hours and we started solids yesterday with some pieces of broccoli and banana. she only sleeps 4 hours at night.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bahamamama4828 she started sleeping through the night at 2 months old. I just want to make sure she is getting enough milk since solids are not important yet, I don't want it to take over a session. Do you give breast first than solids or opposite?
    @homebirthadvocate when do you give her solids? Like before or after nursing? If after then how long after do you wait?
    @sophiasmom11 thanks for your input.
  • @kristaf22 ok..today was day 1 and I nursed first then gave her some cereal like an hour later or so. We will see how tomorrow goes, we are only starting out with giving it to her 1x a day.
  • @homebirthadvocate ok..I gave her rice cereal this morning and she did well with it and was excited to eat from a spoon.
  • She doesn't have any teeth yet to chew anything up.
  • my lo has no teeth either, she mashes with her gums. we dont do cereal, its horrible stuff. she hasnt mastered eating solids yet lol.
    i wish mine would sleep lol but as long as yours is gaining and stuff its awesome
  • @bahamamama4828 she is my first so I'm nervous about giving her solid solid food yet lol. Why is cereal horrible stuff? I hope your lo starts sleeping through the night. Oh yes she is, I know she has gained since we went to her apt so I'm not worried about that, just want to keep up with her growing needs.
  • Aww I wouldnt worry, theres a thread on baby led weaning you can find on here, thats what I am talking about. Thank you I hope she sleeps too lol I am exhausted!
    Rice cereal link :) (not trying to start a debate lol, my kids own doctor confirmed this because we dont do a standard pediatrician) :)
    http://pachamamas.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/dr-mercola-white-rice-cereal-is-not-a-healthy-baby-food/
  • @bahamamama4828 oh I know its all good intentions, no debate over here. Thank you for the link!