advice for my son help please!

My son who is 7 always wants to play in the school yard after school. which is fine with me but there's a problem when I go to pick him up he's nowhere to be found! eventually the office calls and says he's sitting there crying and he says I never came to pick him up! (This is after I've already been there to pick him up, but he's asked if he can stay and play ) so I don't know what to do. I can't stay there every time and I don't want to say no because its the only outside time he has (we have no yard)
Ideas? I'm afraid the Secretary is gonna think I'm trying to abandon my child lol

Comments

• He probably plays, but soon bores and then probably throws his crying fit. Try cutting his playtime in half. Say, you let him play for an hour, then go back in half hour instead. See if that works.
  • I am so sorry! I dealt with this with my son also! We never could figure anything out and its not as bad now
  • I was thinking maybe a note that he puts in his pocket... but would he remember to look at it? lol idk. @mijita I will try cutting the time. today was just over 30 min. I think probably when his friends end up leaving he forgets he still has time, then panics
  • Let the people in the office know that you let him get some play time in