I went to the chiropractor today...

edited May 2012 in Health
And it was awesome! When I left from there I felt better than I have in years. My back is really screwed up. Anyways, that great feeling only lasted so long and about an hour or two later every spot he worked on is painful, more than when I went in. My question is this normal? I know it will take many visits to actual help, but I thought it was weird to have this great feeing (almost like I was light as a feather and completely relaxed with zero pain or discomfort) to be in a lot of pain shortly after ... :/

Comments

• Oh yes. It will go away. :) I love the chiro
  • Ok good! I loved it too! Do you ever feel like how I described (really light)? It was so surreal! And I kept giggling! Lol
  • Oh my gosh yes! Its amazing! It puts my kids to sleep lol
  • Lol...they adjust your kids too? That's funny because I was going to ask him about that at my next appt on Friday. My son is 6 and I want him to look at his back.
    I wanted to go to sleep laying there! Lol
  • edited May 2012
    How often do you go?

@bahamamama4828 sorry I forgot to tag you
  • Oh yes my kids too. Not for back issues just to keep their immune system strong. My 6 mo favored one side of her neck. I was tiny preggo and she was big so she sat funny in there lol. We also do cranial sacral therapy. Love it!
  • Ill be having my 7mo old adjusted this Monday. Ive been wanting to do it sooner but didnt have the funds.

Its normal to hurt after words. But you should start feeling great again in a couple of days. Depending on how bad your back is the first couple of visits will leave you feeling sore but with each one youll start feeling better and better.

Hoping I can maybe go next month. -crosses fingers-
  • Good for you! Stupid chiro that i went too saw me 3 minutes, popped me back (which my husband does all the time) and told me he wanted to see me in 2 days, i went back a couple of times before i figured out it wasnt helping lol. What did they do to you?? I have a knot the size of my fist in my back and i'm thinking about getting a massage to get rid of it, idk
  • edited May 2012
    @bahamamama4828 that's great, has she stopped favoring that side?

@littlefae please let me know how that goes! I read about this when I was prego and now I feel like my daughter maybe should be adjusted. Like @bahamamama4828 lo, my daughter used to favor one side, sleeping, looking, all that, she doesn't seem to anymore (10 months now). sometimes I swear her back might be out of alignment based off of looking and feeling it.

Thank you for the reassurance, that makes sense.
  • @Kimberly4411 wow he doesn't seem very good, are there others you could try? That's great that your hubby can do that, I beg my hubby to but he can't! :(

I was there for an hour and 20 mins (of course because it was my first visit, next one should be 20mins) after talking and an assessment, he did heat treatment on my lower back and neck. I could have fallen asleep right there lol. Then he adjusted my back and neck. Next he used an activator on my spine. When I got up I felt phenomenal!

I'm sorry to hear that your chiropractor didn't help! If you can I would go to another one. My chiropractor went above and beyond my expectations! I swear he's magical lol (I'm kidding, but he did work wonders for my back!!) I can't wait to return tomorrow :) my back already feels a little better after sleeping
  • @nova yay for Chiro's!! Lol I should have went in years ago!
  • edited May 2012
    @nova Yes! What are your treatments like?
  • We go once a month too. She is getting a lot better. We massage it too.
  • @nova wow that's awesome! I was kinda surprised how messed up the car accident, when I was 9, had made my back. I was thinking it was from my pregnancies and epi's but he strongly believes it was that car accident. It makes sense though.

@bahamamama4828 that's great! Glad it's helping :) do you think I should bring my daughter in, even though she doesn't favor a certain side anymore? Sometimes her back will crack depending how she moves.
  • I believe its recommended to bring babies in. My 6 mo went at 1 day old lol.
    You totally should! It helps with everything pertaining to immunity for babies.
  • @bahamamama4828 ok I'm sold! Lol I'm going to bring her along :) thanks
  • Ooh I guess I should ask, is there a pediatric one I need to find?
  • I wanna go soon. I feel sickies coming on.
  • @Summergirl22 yes you want to find a licensed pediatric chiro
  • @littlefae that's what I figured, but is it possible for an adult chiro to also be a certified Pedi as well? I know he told me I should have came when I was pregnant, he said they have a special table and all lol
  • My chiro does the whole family. Look for that
  • Yes it is, the woman I'm going to can do infants up to adults. She is just also certified pediatric chiro and also specializes in working with pregnant woman. (Sorry on the phone and nursing lol)
  • @LittleFae thanks :) I'm going to ask him tomorrow if hes pediatric certified
  • @littleFae @bahamamama4828 He adjusts children as well :) I think I'm going to bring both of the kids! lol
  • @Summergirl22 that's great! I can't wait for Monday to get here for my Isaac. I think he will benifit so much from it.
  • @littlefae yay! let me know how it goes :)
  • @bahamamama4828 yeah, I'm excited :)
    thanks ladies!
  • @littlefae that should help with some of your little mans issues :) I am so glad you guys are doing this! You won't regret it :)