sleep help....please!!

edited May 2012 in Sleep
My 6 month old used to sleep pretty good but this past week he's been waking up every hour or so. I haven't gotten any sleep and it's killing my body and mood. He doesn't seem gassy anymore when he wakes up, just mad. Any advice on how to help him sleep better again?

Comments

• Is he hard to put back to sleep? Or does he calm right down when he sees you or you hold him?
  • Is he hard to put back to sleep? Or does he calm right down when he sees you or you hold him?
  • Oh my gosh I hope someone can help with suggestions cause I have been going threw the same for awhile Sophia is now 9 months...it really does put a damper in my mood and I get pretty irritable lol
  • Whoa sorry!! Stupid phone lol
  • @starrxoxo9 he calms down if i give him his paci but wakes back up as soon as i lay down. if i rock him he goes back to sleep for maybe an hour
  • Hmm... Teething? Or maybe separation anxiety? Where does he sleep?
  • @starrxoxo9 Teething maybe. He is and has always slept in his crib in his own room.
  • Yea my guess would be teething. Maybe try giving him a dose of Tylenol before bed and see if it helps.
  • @starrxoxo9 i tried that last night. it didnt seem to help :( the dr said i should let him cry but i just can't.
  • My daughter is 7 months old and never sleeps! I need help too.. She doesnt nap during the day and at night she is up like 3 times.. She eats baby food and formula Im not sure what to do. I use to think teething but she hasnt cut any yet and they tylenol will help her go to sleep and then she is still up alot at night..
  • Wow the Dr said that?? That's not right. He might just be developing object permanence, so when he wakes up, he realizes you're not there and it freaks him out.
  • @starrxoxo9 maybe. lately he also doesn't let me put him down. He used to play on the floor or exersaucer all day...not anymore. He freaks out anytime i leave the room. i dont know whats gotten into him
  • @2ndbutfirst Jack is 6 months. We do have a strict schedule and he naps grear. Just night time is rough
  • @2ndbutfirst I'll try that. I'll try about anything right now :(
  • Yea it sounds like a little separation anxiety.
  • @starrxoxo9 is there anything i can do about it? My first was never like this
  • Yep, its just a phase. I always talk to Tessa as I leave the room and say things like "Going to the potty, be right back!" And if you act like its no big deal, they'll eventually figure out that its not lol.
  • @starrxoxo9 thanks girl.
  • ^^^great advice! My 6mo started this back up too, I think she's about to hit a milestone with crawling
  • No prob :) it will get better soon!