Garlic Oil for ear infection?? *More help needed!*

I've read on here several times about Garlic Oil being used as a natural remedy and also to help soothe pain caused by an ear infection. However, I can't find the threads about them.

First off, where can I find it? I've checked 4 local grocery stores and all they carry are garlic pills. Next, how do I use them? How many do I use per ear? What's the most effective way to apply them?

My daughter has another ear infection, she just got off Amoxicillin and it obviously didn't work, so I'd like to try the natural way. any advice would greatly help! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Health food store or natural section of a grocery store.
    Warm the oil a tad and add 5 or so drops, its safe so if you do more its OK. Cover with cotton ball and repeat every couple hours or so.
    I would definitely get some probiotics after the antibiotics to help regain a balanced gutflora.
  • Thanks, @bahamamama4828. What probiotics would you recommend?

• Make sure it says for baby and has infant in the strain name. Like bifidopholis and infantdopholis lol I forget how its spelled. But there's liquid and powder since she probably can't do chewables.
    Hope that makes sense. I order cheap supplements of vitacost.com
  • I used garlic oil that also had willow bark and a few other herbs. His ear ache cleared up in two days (though I did it for three).
    I know this will sound funny, but how I kept it warm to body temp was keeping it tucked in my cleavage.
    I found mine at a local health food store.
  • Now, I found straight garlic oil, or there's Mullein Garlic Drops...should I just get the plain garlic ones? I'm so confused, there are a ton of ear remedies here LOL.
  • I ended up getting a kids blend with Mullein flower oil, St. Johns Worth flower bud & tops oil, Garlic bulb oil, Goldenseal root extract, Lobelia herb & seed extract, and EVOO. I hope it works, the gal in the market swears by it...
  • More help needed!

So, Sophia has decided she wants to keep ripping out the cotton ball after I place it in the ear. What might you suggest in helping to keep it in?? It really seemed to soothe it almost immediately, but she keeps digging it out. I'm not sure what to do!
  • I've heard a lot of good things about Mullein (my store didn't have it in stock)
    Is there a way to keep her distracted? Give her something to keep her hands busy? The cotton balls don't need to stay in long. Just long enough for the oil to be absorbed so don't stress if she keeps pulling them out. Even a minute is pretty good.
  • @littlefae I tried my darndest to keep her busy and distracted, even gave her my cell phone haha, but she wasn't having it. I was able to keep them in for about 10 minutes, but it still kept coming out. She keeps digging in there now and it's all over her fingers and it smells really bad! I'm thinking I'll just have to keep doing what I did and just let her do her thing. Hope she gets used to it soon!
  • My doctor said to put extra virgin olive oil
  • ^^^yes Mullen is great too!
  • Thank you all for the help! The oil seems to really be soothing and helping. She's fast asleep.
  • That's great I'm glad she is doing better!

My lo would only keep the cotton balls in for five minutes at the most and by then the oil was absorbed.
    I hope she gets over her ear ache soon.