is it bad that.....

edited May 2012 in Solid Foods
My almost 9 month old will not eat any baby food. I have tried every kind. She doesn't even like the cereal n the boxes. And now I'm stuck with all this food that she doesn't want. So my ? Is...is she missing out on anything by not eating any food but just drinking milk?

Comments

• No its a good thing!
    A lot of babies don't eat solids until 1 and that's OK too. She can eat table food.
  • @bahamamama4828 thanks that's good to know she is bf'ed so a lot of ppl r telling me I need to stop (even tho I'm not) she won't drink from a bottle anyway. But they say its my fault she doesn't want any baby food.
  • Oh but she will eat table food tho.
  • @2ndbutfirst thanks I will but I rarely give her anything because she doesn't have any teeth yet and I'm afraid she will choke lol
  • Mine has no teeth. None of my kids did until1. I've only done table foods :) the gag reflex
  • Mine has no teeth. None of my kids did until1. I've only done table foods :) the gag reflex is closer to front of mouth to help prevent choking.
  • Its not your fault alot of babies are bf until a year if not until two years. As long as baby isnt hurting your breasts and as long as your comfortable bfing. Some babies wont eat baby food until a year old and by then they should be able to take table food...
  • @bahamamama4828 my son didn't get any until 11 months so I'm guessing It's gona b the same way with her.
  • @aishamusa thanks and no I'm not n any pain so I will continue until she stops
  • Malia is almost 9 no & barely, BARELY eats baby food. Lol. I don't mind. Breastfeeding is still easier than feeding then washing her, lol.
  • oh gotcha! its totally ok! the reason for the delayed solids until 1 is if food allergies run in the family then its better to wait as long as baby still gains and what not :)
  • @Caroline8_p yea I agree it is easier lol... When is her birthday?
  • Aug 25th! :D
  • Im not looking coward to her pediatric visit. She was giving me the food layout at 6 mo, lol.
  • edited May 2012
    @caroline8_p really that's my Lo birthday 2 :-) and I'm not either they gave it to me 2 lol
  • YAYY! I didn't know there was another August 25th-er other than pregointx

Do you have birthday ideas yet?
  • No I'm still tryin to think of things so far all I have is the theme.. do u have any yet? @caroline8_p
  • I'm going to do The Very Hungry Caterpillar. There is going to be a hole in every food, lol.
  • my lo still wont eat anything shes 7 months and everyone tells me (grandma tells me lol) that she needs to eat solids. well she tried feeding her applesauce the other day and she wouldnt even let the spoon in her mouth lol she kept turning her head