breastfeeding ???

edited May 2012 in Breastfeeding
My supply has been running low so im gonna start pumping more. My? Is if i pump mostly at night is that the only time my supply is gonna go up or is it gonna go up overall. Kinda confused please help! !

Comments

• It will most likely stay the same. Good night pumping times are between 3am and 5am. You should pump throughout the day to increase supply. Pump after you feed baby. Tricks your body into thinking baby is still nursing and needs more.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^^agreed! If its that time of the month, it should only last a few days as well (the supply thing lol)
    Does your lo cluster feed at all?
  • I'm in the same boat. My LO has been cluster feeding at night and I can only pump 2 or so oz for him and he feeds for about 40mins at the time on each breast but hes still hungry and I cant keep up with his eating. I'm trying mothers milk tea for the past 3 days so I'm going to see what that does. Have you tried drinking Gatorade? That did help my supply a bit...
  • @kayleigh27 my lo did that in the first 3 months omg i was sooooo exhausted! she has gotten MUCH quicker at nursing and it takes her 5 min now!! I love it! I can go back to sleep if she does lol
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah I have to stay on him to keep sucking sometimes. He just takes his sweet time lol @bahamamama4828 sometimes hes pretty quick and to the point but not often. At night I usually just lay on my side and sleep while the LO feeds on my boob if I'm that tired lol
  • @kayleigh27 awww thats what i do too! dont think its low supply, it'll pass soon i promise! i havent needed anything to up my supply at all and mine is 6.5 mo :) so i am sure you probably wont either. how old is your lo? maybe its a growth spurt? babies go through many lol like every 3 weeks for small ones and the big ones hit every couple months
  • How do u know if ur supply is low?
  • if baby isnt gaining, not enough wet diapers..etc
  • @bahamamama4828 so my supply is fine thanks!!! Just didn't know what to look 4
  • yay good news! thats just the start of what to look for @twoisenough
  • So i got my period for the first time 6mo after she was born . I pump at work and was noticing i wasnt getting as much but drinking more water n fenugreek seems to be better