Verizon Customers

edited May 2012 in Current Events
Will you be switching to a different provider when your contract ends in light of their recent announcement to force (yes, even us that were grandfathered in) a shared tiered data plan? The change takes effect this summer, when you go to renew your contract, you will no longer be able to purchase the unlimited data plan.

Comments

• We just renewed our contract in Feb for another year so will ours not be effected till next year?
  • @navybabonway It shouldn't. Although, they do reserve the right to change you plan at any time.

@sophiasmom11 I'm thinking of going to Sprint. I just hope Sprint doesn't do the same thing. Then I'll feel like an ass.
  • @WyattsMommy Yes, I hope they keep it.

@sophiasmom11 ALLTEL!! Gosh. Best service EVER!
  • @Mom2ING Verizon keeps getting greedier and greedier, they also just revoked the free upgrades. $30!
  • @Mom2ING Hubby and I have separate contracts (long story short, less of a hassle if he screws up again), I pay $130/month with 1 phone. He pays $170/month (2 lines).

@sophiasmom11 I must have the iPhone 5! I miss my iPhone 4. :(
  • @Mom2ING I can't until 2013. :(
  • sprint! unlimited data! its a must here!
  • edited May 2012
    @Bahamamama4828 Looks like our next option, but I will have a fit if they revoke unlimited data too.
  • What a bunch of crooks! Gonna do away with the unlimited right before the iPhone 5 comes out huh? Yeah we got your number verizon! Ugh I am so mad right now! I am not sure what we will do...I am sure if sprint doesn't do away with theirs, they won't be far behind...so it will just be a matter of which company do we want to be taken advantage of by...
  • ^^^ agreed! We could try to organize a revolution against the Man...but I need to be home in time for greys anatomy....lol
  • LMAO! DVR IT IS! Where do you live bc I would love to see that shit (pun intended!) and after u do that I will squat and pee! Can't have one with out the other!!
  • Kmsl the last two post have me laughing!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We all just need to bring back landlines lol
  • @stephforever89 man I hated mine!! The only calls I got were telemarketers and bill collectors for someone named Rodrigo...lol
  • Lol i havent used a landline phone in years.
  • I have verizon but I have no clue what y'all are talking about...I guess I'm in the dark?
  • I like our verizon. We have never had issues at all. Even replaced a phone that was freezing up on the spot, no charge. We even grt a discount b/c we are miltary. My hubby said that it doesnt matter if they change the data b/c even if we leave our phones running on pandora all day we would even hit close to the allotted MB usage....
  • I use wifi 90% of the time anyways cause i am at home. Hubby wants to get rid of my data plan...boo!
  • @jennalynne87 I use my wifi a lot to...the problem is Verizon requires certain phones to have data plans
  • I have sprint and I love It. Alltell (sp) got Bought out by AT&T. I worked for AT&T for a while and when a company gets bought out by them you are Grandfathered in to your plan and the Plans will not change on the down side they dont offer you much support because they dont have many of the phone available if you need a new one. So Verzion Getting bought out yes you will have The option to stay in your grandfathered plan with them or whatever new company will Give you a new plan and New phones for your old ones. Plus Migration to one company's towers to another takes awhile and usally results in very crappy coverage. And I do have to say on a side note I have unlimted data on my Sprint phone and i have no problems with A data slow down all month and I use alot of data.
  • Oh I forgot to add When a Plan gets grandfathered in so does your price and any new features they come out with they lock you out in order to make you up grade to their company
  • @2ndbutfirst Thats what they do it is a unfortantant truth
  • @2ndbutfirst did you get new phones?
  • They shouldn't limit smartphones! I think it is a shame that most companies are. I am with Sprint- unlimited data, texting, everything. Two smartphones with 4g are $150/mo. Tax deductible, too.
  • @musicgalwantingbaby Verizon bought Alltel, not AT&T. I wasn't grandfathered into my old plan. I paid $190/month with 4 lines on Alltell. Unlimited minutes, text, and data. And it was ripped from us when I renewed my contract because the merger was final. Then we renewed again in January 2011 and dropped 2 lines, the remaining 2 lines are $170/month. Those phones have 750 shared minutes, and unlimited text and data. My own line has 450 minutes, unlimited text and data with PC tethering. $130/month. No grandfathering when you renew the contract anymore.

@secondbutfirst is right, if you go in and renew your contract before the summer, you wont have unlimited data taken away until the next time you renew your contract.
  • @fate Verzion had to give AT&T a percentage of Alltel I was working with Alltel Converated Customers while i was with AT&T