ftm help! my 9 mo old rolled off couch yesterday and today shes sleepy..just a growth spurt?

edited May 2012 in First time moms
Lillys 9 months old and yesterday she rolled off the couch for the rifst time. She bonked her head and cried for a few minutes, then seemed fine. She was even rubbing my arm like 'dont worry mom' when I was crying and talking to her dr. They said it happens and not to worry, babies are resiliant, just watch her closely for any changes. She was fine all day, had a hearing test she did great at and lunch with daddy at his work :) she slept all night like normal. But today she's really sleepy. She's not dopey or acting weird when she is awake, just asleep a whole lot. She wakes up for like 5 minutes and when I start to play with her or stand her up like she likes she just buckles againt me and cries that she's tired. She's eating fom the bottle (slowly, like 6 oz she nursed for about 1 hour) but won't stay awake long enough to sit up in the high chair. She just ate another oz and fell asleep again :( she's responsive and I CAN wake her, she's just crabby and goes right back to sleep. Growth spurt or related to the fall? My gut says she's ok just tired but I wonder..? Thanks ladies

Comments

• Sounds like a growth spurt.
  • I would call her doctor and see what they think. Better to be safe then sorry.
  • Well..she woke up for about 20 mins, played for 5 then got sleepy again. She's asleep now but I'm worried. I called her dr and there gonna see her at 1:50 mtn time so I will update. I have a feeling were gonna get sent for an mri..she's just not acting like herslef even during the times she is awake. I should have taken her in yesterday I guess..she seemed fine tho. I hope she's ok, I'm starting to freak out a little
  • Praying everything is ok keep us updated!
  • Dr said she's ok! He said she prolly has a head ache but she's acting fine to him. He just said to keep and eye on her but no skull fractures he can feel, no blood in the ears or throught so he's not worried :) I'm so relieved! This must be a growth spurt or something cause she's not herself today
  • Yeah..I'm so relieved lol..I feel silly for freaking out a little but she's my sweet girl :) thanks for the support @mom2ing and @chelcie89 and @navybabyontheway and @mimii36
  • Should be just fine my 15 yr old dropped his brother when he was 3months old onto a hard wood floor we need up with a skull fracture and an over night hospital stay. But that's quit abit higher than the sofa.